1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
26 Posts
Booms are a little different on the 323 size and down. Switchable controls between the 3 styles. Emissions updated engines. Those are off the top of my head.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, that makes me wonder if they went ahead and put Yanmar's back in their skid steers/CTL's. I remember hearing that they were possibly heading down that track, wonder if it will soon be reality. :unknown:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I was going to say that about them putting yanmar's in but I haven't stuck my head in one to see. I was told they were. If thats the case, I will be sticking with the d series. My problems is more with the 5030 then the 4024. I hate that air compressor of an engine in the 5030. I was hoping that they went back to the 4045.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I was going to say that about them putting yanmar's in but I haven't stuck my head in one to see. I was told they were. If thats the case, I will be sticking with the d series. My problems is more with the 5030 then the 4024. I hate that air compressor of an engine in the 5030. I was hoping that they went back to the 4045.
I personally don't think they will gain any ground with the Yanmar Diesel, I have run an older 7775 and the 3 cylinder Yanmar was no comparison to my 4 cylinder 4024. The only thing I don't like about the 4024 is it doesn't like starting in cold weather, it stumbles for about 30 seconds before the throttle levels out. Hopefully the block heater I ordered will fix that, I haven't had to start it in bellow 32* yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yea, I know what you mean. Who I used to work for had a 6675 and a 8875. Liked the 8875 better but couldn't get it into the spots we could the 66. Best machine I have been on was a 280II. Great motor. plenty of power and could actually keep up with me. If I could ever run up on a another one with 2 speed and cab I will most likely get one.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deere just put the E series on their website! At the NW AG show i talked to one of the salesmen and he was saying Deere redesigned the boom, looks a little bit beefier although it will take some getting used to. I bet you can access more with the boom designed that way, maybe you can access the battery better now. :thumbup1gif: Here is a link to Deere's site: 2013 Spring Products from John Deere

And another example: 318E Skid Steer from John Deere

Deere E series.jpg

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let's compare: D series vs. E series

Downloads.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts