Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new enclosed trailer I ordered 3-4wks ago. I already own two of the Freedom trailers from 2009 (Sold one a while back when work was slow and it was showing it's age). They had worked well for all the electrical equipment I use for work, so naturally I went back to them for a new one. I called and sent them all my wants and wishes and they sent back a quote and I signed and sent deposit. Easy peasy, done.

Called me Monday and said it would be ready to pick up Wednesday. I told them I'd drive down Friday.

This is when I started to panic....I looked up on Google maps for the best route to take and that's when I saw the reviews. Horrible!. I wondered what happened since 2009? I already had paid half down so I was stuck. I took the 5 hr drive down sweating if I just dumped 8k down the drain on a crappy trailer.
They pulled the trailer around and I gave the outside a good look over and all seems good. Looked inside and the cabinets I ordered were not installed. I really came close to losing it. I drove 5 hrs and still have to drive 5hrs home. The manager came out and said the cabinets are finished, they just didn't get installed for some reason. She said give me 2 hrs and I'll be good to go. At this point I'm starting to get where all the bad reviews are coming from.

Went and got lunch and hung around the parking lot and finally they bring it back out. Look inside and the cabinets turned out nice. Only time will tell if it falls apart or is of the same quality trailer that I got back in 2009. We'll see....

8.5'x16' V Nose
2-5200lb Dexter Axel's with brakes on both
Radial tires
ATP touring package
RTP flooring
6- Floor mounted D Rings
Upgrade standard 6' height to 7'6" interior height
Upgraded side door to 60" wide double doors
LED lights
.... and of course cabinets

IMG_20190524_194135.jpg

IMG_20190524_194154.jpg

MVIMG_20190524_194317.jpg

MVIMG_20190524_194324.jpg

IMG_20190524_194123.jpg

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a Summit racing tool box to install in the lower cabinet opening pictured above.4500lb Electric tongue jack. LED 120v lights.

Lots of work to do still before I can put it to work. (Shelves, Compartments, etc...)

MVIMG_20190524_201100.jpg

MVIMG_20190524_201109.jpg

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Do you run a generator in the trailer for powering anything?

From what I can see in the pictures, the trailer looks like it was put together well. Usually, the moment the trailer leaves the factory, very few have much to do with the manufacturers. When I owned the trailer sales dealership, we would stock the aluminum exterior panels and the wheel well covers, etc. as people usually ran them into things more than any other issue. As far as warranty issues, we had very, very few...........

Do you run a winch inside for anything or run a separate 12 volt system for stand alone power in the trailer?

·
Premium Member
14,124 Posts
Big,, Nice looking trailer.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Do you run a generator in the trailer for powering anything?

From what I can see in the pictures, the trailer looks like it was put together well. Usually, the moment the trailer leaves the factory, very few have much to do with the manufacturers. When I owned the trailer sales dealership, we would stock the aluminum exterior panels and the wheel well covers, etc. as people usually ran them into things more than any other issue. As far as warranty issues, we had very, very few...........

Do you run a winch inside for anything or run a separate 12 volt system for stand alone power in the trailer?
I have a Honda generator for powering the lights, outlets, A/C that will eventually get installed in the coming weeks. Most of the time the tower sites I work on have power I can plug in to. I will also have a 12v battery to run the tongue jack if the truck isn't hooked up. It's strictly for work. No car, tractor or sxs will be inside.

Edit: I picked it up at the manufacturer

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
:bigthumb: now that's a nice enclosed trailer i say:laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Sweet.

I wouldn't worry about the reviews too much.

People are real quick to complain and the internet just empowers them to do it more.

I hope it is everything you wanted and more.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,103 Posts
:bigthumb: now that's a nice enclosed trailer i say:laugh:
Sort of makes me want to delete my trailer thread. :banghead: :lol:

VERY nice Big. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts

Just go trailer shopping, then start a new thread.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Wasn't trying to one up ya. You got a nice golf cart trailer Giz:bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Very nice trailer. I noticed you spec'd out the additional height , 5200# axles and related running gear. Good investment. :thumbup1gif:

Best of luck with your new, mobile workshop!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Added the led lights, toolbox,and 4500lb tongue jack.

Shelves, storage bins, Air conditioning is next.

MVIMG_20190526_125013.jpg

IMG_20190526_125202.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wish you good luck

My 2017 Freedom looks great, tows good and shines like the sun after dark. I wish I’d read more reviews before u bought mine, just because of all the little drawbacks. I bought freedom instead of others on dealer lot due to 16”oc roof tubes. Others had 24.
I didn’t notice when I purchased how poorly constructed it is, misaligned trim inside. Stripped screws in the lights and roof drip rail, 7’ of tailgate trim held on with 3 screws, and on an on. I’m just hoping the finisher sucks and the framer did a great job.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My 2017 Freedom looks great, tows good and shines like the sun after dark. I wish I’d read more reviews before u bought mine, just because of all the little drawbacks. I bought freedom instead of others on dealer lot due to 16”oc roof tubes. Others had 24.
I didn’t notice when I purchased how poorly constructed it is, misaligned trim inside. Stripped screws in the lights and roof drip rail, 7’ of tailgate trim held on with 3 screws, and on an on. I’m just hoping the finisher sucks and the framer did a great job.
So far so good. Trim guy does suck. Screws on the outside look great. All in line. Screws on the inside, guy must have been drunk. I couldn't have tried to get the screws more crooked. Really don't care how the screws look all jokes aside, but from what I can tell when I crawled under the trailer it all looks good to me. Like I said, only time will tell if I ever buy another.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts