Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting a bigger tractor than my little garden tractors, and I wanted a John Deere two cylinder, but the ones I found were either narrow fronts or way to overpriced for my budget. I always like the Cubs, especially the standard red ones, so I have been on the hunt for one the last few weeks. After looking and test driving a few, I came back to this one. It's a 1947, the first year of the Cub. It was owned by an elderly couple, who I just like immensely when I first met them on Memorial Day.

He had this Cub and a Farmall M that he took to shows and parades. Him and his wife would ride in the M while it pulled the Cub. Unfortunately their health isn't the greatest, he's going deaf and she is in the early stages of Alzheimer's. He kept up the maintenance on both tractors, and kept them in very good condition. I know I was influenced by them when I bought their tractor, but you just know it's the right thing to do in situations like this. I had another Cub on my list that was just as good as this one, and it had some things on it that this one don't. But, I just feel honored to buy this one.

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

I already have front wheel weights for it, and I will be contacting JP Tractor Salvage in Fredricktown, Missouri for a set of rear wheel weights, and also seeing what implements they may have for it.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Good looking tractor. I'd probably have bought that one too, for the same reason. :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gorgeous!!

I hope we don't lose you to "FarmallCub dot com" now!! :laugh: Lots of good, helpful people over there too.

In my dreams, my Grandpa's Cub will look like that again.... one day. Right now it's a looooong way from that!
I have been on there now for a few weeks, gaining as much information as I can. There's even some members there who live really close by.

I'll be going to Cub-Arama in September. It's just down the road from me in Fredricktown, Missouri. I have been there a couple of times, but it's been a few years now since I attended one.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Very nice looking tractor. Always had a fondness for the cub. We used them in the Farmall plant, I should say we abused them. I have seen more than one of them on their side. Good luck with it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Great looking tractor, good luck with it! Nice that you bought it from an older couple who will appreciate that it's being cared for.

I've got no where to hide one or any real use for one but I really want a Farmall Cub lowboy. A red, 1962 with a fast hitch and ag tires with wheel weights front and back. A snow plow would be nice and I could use a friends 42" bush hog with the fast hitch. These are about the "coolest" little farm tractors around.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Nice find. I love these little tractors. I was raised on one. My Grandfather had two of them The red one then later the yellow one. He beat the crap out of those things. Used the belly mower as a brush hog. So I am a bit fond of them.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Very nice find- congratulations!

It's quick and easy to load my Cub on our single axle utility trailer for the county fair and antique power club events. Every once in a while I put on my big straw hat and take the Cub out to mow an acre or two when I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. Then I come to my senses and jump into the 3270 with the air ride seat, AC and radio :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice find- congratulations!

It's quick and easy to load my Cub on our single axle utility trailer for the county fair and antique power club events. Every once in a while I put on my big straw hat and take the Cub out to mow an acre or two when I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. Then I come to my senses and jump into the 3270 with the air ride seat, AC and radio :laugh:
I used my 6 x 12 single axle trailer, and my Dakota, to bring the Cub home with. This combination handled the Cub with ease.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Congrats of the adoption. Sound like the previous father deemed you worthy.

That cub looks about prefect. But if you need parts TM tractor is excellent to deal with. I've bought some stuff from them for mine. I mean my sons.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,674 Posts
Congrats on a great looking Cub!

I know that the time I've spent in MO the last few months I've seen lots of older tractors around, not to many in the shape of that one.:bigthumb:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,333 Posts
Outstanding T-Mo, great looking!!! :good2:

I really need to get to work on mine and get it in shape, paint is now a dull pink.

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
Outstanding T-Mo, great looking!!! :good2:

I really need to get to work on mine and get it in shape, paint is now a dull pink.
Time to get with the program OC. T-Mo and a ten year old operator in Pennsylvania are kicking your butt.:dunno:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,333 Posts
Time to get with the program OC. T-Mo and a ten year old operator in Pennsylvania are kicking your butt.:dunno:
It takes a mighty big man to kick my butt................................but it don't take him long.
:lolol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts