Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dandelions are on the verge of popping here so this year I am going to get them. Last year was the last time with a hand pump sprayer. This Fimco went on sale at Peavey Mart this week so I grabbed one for $525. A little light weight but it will be fine. I just have to pick up quick hitch bushings and change the power clips to a cig lighter for the tractor and I am ready to go.

100_1399.JPG 100_1403.JPG

·
Registered
480 Posts
I think you will like it.
I have the same 40gal model only in yellow and green and it hooked up to my HF quick hitch without bushings or alteration.
(Well, except for extending the power cord)

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I bought one like that a couple years ago. I'm thinking about moving the boom up about a foot. The 3 point on my X748 doesn't go up very high. That might not be an issue on the 1026.
I'm pretty happy with it:good2:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,934 Posts
You're going to enjoy the heck out of it.:good2:
Bought a 25 gallon similar one, built a 3 point skid for it, never touched the hand sprayer again.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I used mine recently for the first time,,,

I only used the spot sprayer to spray the fruit trees,,,

I will be buying another FIMCO so that one can be used for herbicide,, and the other for pesticide.

So, my second will not have a boom,,,

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I've had really good luck with my 15 Gallon FIMCO sprayer. It has a 2 nozzle boom and the spraying wand. The sprayer and components seem like they are of good quality and design. Having said that I do sometimes wish I'd picked up that 40 Gallon unit. I really like that it's all setup and ready to go. Mine is for an ATV and has to be mounted and setup everytime. Let us know what you think of it once you get some product sprayed!

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

Reactions: Carvel Loafer

·
Registered
378 Posts
Keep us posted, I've had my eyeball on one of these this year.

Reactions: LoneStranger

·
Registered
23,279 Posts
I don't do any lawn spraying but do a bit of spot spraying - well more than spot as a couple areas need "controlled" each year. Using a pump-up sprayer became impossible to use so I got a 15gal spot sprayer last year and set it up on my tractor. Another one of those "why didn't I do this years ago" things.

P1330320.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I finish mow about 1 acre so I wanted to spray most of that for dandelion. I used Par III which is primarily 2-4-D broadleaf herbicide. I calculated I needed 30 gallons of mixture so that would take 2 litres of Par III. I sprayed and it was almost exactly the amount needed, I came short just a wee bit and that's probably what I wasted on double spraying with overlaps. As much as we really need rain, now I hope we don't get any tonight so the stuff can soak in to the leaves.

I really like this sprayer, took me about 1-1/2 hour to spray the acre including the time to fill and clean the sprayer. :bigthumb:

100_1406.JPG 100_1407.JPG 100_1413.JPG

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've been using mine for weed and feed, 2-4-D, appletree spraying, and soon Drive XLR8 crabgrass killing. I added a pressure valve on the return to try and set the pressure. The pump is a demand pump, so it shuts off at a preset pressure anyway. With the bypass I can keep it running and the pressure steady.

·
Premium Member
8,057 Posts
I wonder how long a 12V pump will last on a 40-gallon sprayer. For the guys with 540 RPM PTO's, you might want to switch to a 6-roller pump.

For some reason, my 55-gallon sprayer doesn't like me, so I'm going to try another company to spray the unwanted vegetation this year.

Enjoy your new toy! :good2:

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I wonder how long a 12V pump will last on a 40-gallon sprayer. For the guys with 540 RPM PTO's, you might want to switch to a 6-roller pump.

For some reason, my 55-gallon sprayer doesn't like me, so I'm going to try another company to spray the unwanted vegetation this year.

Enjoy your new toy! :good2:
I bought the Northstar 12 volt sprayer with a 26 gallon tank from Northern Tool. Only used it for one season, but used it quite a bit and has done well for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This post got me interested. Reviews of fimco unit had a lot of leaking and breaking parts. Have any of you had problems? Mostly great reviews here.

·
Registered
378 Posts
This post got me interested. Reviews of fimco unit had a lot of leaking and breaking parts. Have any of you had problems? Mostly great reviews here.
I agree lshooter, saw the same thing. Lots of folks seem to say it worked a few times and then the troubles began.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts