Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
20,677 Posts
How do you like it? Think it’ll hold up to some animal and owner abuse?

Looks great from your pics. Nice job sir. :good2:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you like it? Think it’ll hold up to some animal and owner abuse?

Looks great from your pics. Nice job sir. :good2:
So far so good. I do expect good wear. When I was scribing for cuts with my knife I had to really put some effort into making a mark.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
I think you’ll like it. It seems durable as heck, I think it’s only weaknesses is water setting on it. And the way that stuff locks together it would have to sit on it for a while to get through.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,737 Posts
Boy you really know how to relax on a Saturday don't ya. :lol:

Nice job btw. :good2:

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
That's looks an awful lot like the stuff I put in my basement 2 months ago. I used the Shaw brand stuff that Lowe's carries (because I'm lazy and Lowe's is right down the street) in the same color.

Looks nice!

·
Premium Member
14,714 Posts
Looks nice, and great job.:bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's looks an awful lot like the stuff I put in my basement 2 months ago. I used the Shaw brand stuff that Lowe's carries (because I'm lazy and Lowe's is right down the street) in the same color.

Looks nice!
Mine is Home Depot brand. Wouldn’t be surprised if it came out of the same factory.

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
Mine is Home Depot brand. Wouldn’t be surprised if it came out of the same factory.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least! :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,414 Posts
Boy you really know how to relax on a Saturday don't ya. :lol:

Nice job btw. :good2:
:lol: Thought the same thing. :lol:

Nice job 56F :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Fantastic job - great way to update the home. I love the color!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
We have our eyes on the same stuff for the basement. I am looking to do most of the basement with it. You cut everything with a knife? The sales guy told me most people resort to using their miter saw. Thanks for the positive review. We are looking at the random width option. Hopefully that doesn't make it a nightmare but my wife loves the varied plank widths (we did the same thing with our hardwood upstairs).

I keep hoping they will run a sale. We need a bunch of it!

Looks great!

Lee

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lee, I cut all mine with a razor knife. Score it, then snap. I used my little reciprocating saw for the floor vents and the last row that I had to rip lengthwise to get the width correct. It really went down easily, and with the sound deadened on the back already I didn’t have to get too crazy pulling out the old carpet pad staples.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Looks good Blake. You'll like it, depending on the thickness of the wear layer it will wear like iron. I just finished putting some in my spare room, square LVT instead of plank wood but the same type of material. And yes, I would make two cuts and the blade was worn and had to snap a new point. I put the same stuff in our kitchen about four years ago and it still looks like new. The difference in my tile is that it is glued down with pressure sensitive adhesive and not interlocked, just square edge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts