Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Artillian fork frame and forks a couple years ago. I didn't order the backrest at the time, primarily to keep the cost down. I figured I'd work without it until I had some more funds, but I didn't expect it to take 2 years.

So I finally got it ordered and it arrived about a week ago. It came so quickly I was a little surprised when it arrived. The packaging was really solid, and the backrest itself was absolutely perfect on arrival. Not the smallest mar on the finish anywhere, and it fit my fork frame perfectly, even with the 2-year separation. I'm very pleased with this purchase and everything I've purchased from Artillian. They have both the product and the service mastered.

Keane

·
Premium Member
8,432 Posts
Gotta love new toys!

Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I ordered my backrest extension around a year after I purchased my forks as well.
In a sense I was glad I waited because the design had changed and the one I got was full width, which I preferred.
Same experience as yours, perfect condition, perfect fit.
When moving logs or brush my extension has prevented grill or hood damage for me already.
I purchased and specified a propane powered lift trucks for my employer a couple times and reviewed specs with sales professionals from Cat and Crown.
They informed me that the upright portion of the forks and the assembly they mounted to was actually the backrest portion of the unit. The assembly that is attached to the backrest that protects from products falling onto the operator area is called a backrest extension.
In our facility one of our buildings only has 15 feet to the rafters so we specify short extensions to give greater lift height at the forks. Backrest extension height governs loaded pallet height when lifting above the operators head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts