Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I just created an account today, since I notice I keep ending up here trying to decide what tractor to purchase.
Currently I have just over 2 acres, half wooded that I want to clean up. I will eventually have 13 acres that is 70% wooded.
I have been paying down some bills waiting to get my first JD Compact tractor and have been going back and forth between the 1 series and the 2 series tractors.
The other thing I have been looking at is trailers for the tractor. Just when I think I have my mind made up I change it again. :laugh:
I like the size and price point of the 1 series but I worry about the pto not having enough horse power for what I want to do ( clean up and manage the woods).
Options I am looking at are a grapple bucket for brush and logs, and a Flail mower to clear and maintain the undergrowth(also maneuverability vs brush hog). I will also be purchasing the 60" mower deck to keep the yard mowed. Currently I only mow about 1/2 acre but eventually hopefully in the far future I will get my dads place which has 4 acres that are mowed around the house and 9 acres of much neglected woodlands.
I currently uses a second hand troy built 42" mower to maintain my yard.

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
:wgtt:

I highly recommend asking a bunch of questions in your own new thread in the General Tractor Ownership forum where you can ask anything you want. You could also do it in the SCUT or MCUT forum. :thumbup1gif:

What does your dealer say and recommend? Have you talked to them yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Welcome!
I had posted a question in a thread as soon as I created the account :yahoo:
I have not talked to a dealer yet, Since I am completely noob to this I have trying to learn as much as possible here to learn what to ask and what to watch out for. Such as some of the delivery issues I have read about that I should be looking for when that day does come.

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

Yep. As Dieselshadow posted, ask away. You will get tons of input from current users.

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Welcome.

The Northern Illinois area is certainly gaining strength. Not sure where you are located but you are welcome to see my 2 series anytime.:good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,076 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Welcome from Northwest Illinois quad cities area. Glad to have you join us. You will find pleanty of info here. I currently have a 1025r and also just ordered a 2038r. Any question feel free to ask. :good2:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome.

The Northern Illinois area is certainly gaining strength. Not sure where you are located but you are welcome to see my 2 series anytime.:good2:
Belvidere Illinois

·
Registered
12,534 Posts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts