Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone my I'm Alex from PA. My grandparents have a small farm and raise beef cattle. They've been farming for over 40 years now but have cut back quite a bit. I've always loved going to help them in the summer, when I was little we were farming around 250 acres and had about 100 head of cattle. Now since I'm going to college and since they rented alot of land its becoming more of a hobby farm; about 50 acres and 20 calves.

We got currently have 3 JD tractors; 4230, 4010, 2240. We used to have a 2020 and a gator and we still have lots of JD equipment.

Some pics:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Welcome to DT Alex. Looks like you have some really nice machines there. Thanks for the pics. Yeah, farming is demanding and competitive buisness, particularly the way the economy is right now. Sometimes it is to the point of deciding to get bigger or to go smaller. There can be a lot of satisfaction and piece of mind in hobby farming. Again, welcome to the fun.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Nice pix Alex! Reminds me of visiting my grandfathers farm in upstate NY as a kid. What are you studying in school?

Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, and I'm at BGSU for construction management. I'm hoping to someday save up enough money to start a little farm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts