Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I just bought a new 2025R. It has a loader, backhoe wit thumb, and a frontier fork attachment. I have had a L110 mower since 2004 so I am not new to John Deere. Same sales rep on both machines. This is to replace an old grey market Mitsubishi 1300D with a loader and fork attachment I made that goes on in place of the bucket. It has a tiller on it I never used except for ballast. Had it 16 years but wanted something new. sold for more than I paid for it. They included Rim Gaurd in the rear tires in the price. I am not sure if that is a good idea or not but it's been done. I added a receiver tube to the fork attachment as I had one in the one I made. I used it a lot. The old tractor would move my flat bed and car equipment tilt bed empty but not my 30' RV trailer. The 2025r will move that as well. So far I am very pleased with the new one. The old one did a lot of work and was reliable. It was a little sad when I delivered it to it's new home. The 2025R is larger but not so much it will be a problem. I don't have a huge property. Just a couple acres. I wanted it a lot more than I needed it. But you only live once. Photo of old and new plus modified fork attachment.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know where I can get a parts diagram of the 3 point hitch? As mine came with the backhoe on it was in a box. The box was open so I want to make sure everything is there. And see how they go if I need to put them on. Right now I don't have any 3 point attachments. But maybe I will want some.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts

I believe any John Deere dealer site should be able to show the 3 point hitch make up.

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Welcome from New York!

The parts list is available on the JDParts.com website. Here's the latest version 2025R 3-point schematic and parts list.

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Administrator
20,303 Posts

If I knew your name, I'd use it to welcome you to our forum. At any rate, congrats on your new :greentractorride: :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Welcome to the site and congratulations on the new tractor.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Welcome from Oregon..

What part of Washington are you in?

I'm west of Portland 25 miles.

Dan in Oregon

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,738 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome from Oregon..

What part of Washington are you in?

I'm west of Portland 25 miles.

Dan in Oregon
Ravensdale east of Kent.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,967 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I added a 48" brush mower and 72" rear blade both frontier. I took it and the box of 3 point hitch parts to the dealership and they installed and adjusted the mower for me free. Now the backhoe is back on. But I know how to install the 3 point hitch. The mower has chains and a slip clutch which are options on the 48". They sold me the blade for the package price since I just bought the machine a couple weeks ago. I got the mower for just over dealer cost because they sold the one without the options that they said they were holding for me. They only had this one assembled. So I got the options for about $100. The brush mower works great. I have not used the blade yet.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do most dealers put their stickers on new machines? Mine put one on each side of the hood, the loader, and the backhoe. They even put one on the brush mower. They put them on my L110 too. I think I am going to remove them from the 2024R this weekend. If I remove them from the L110 there will likely be a color difference due to it being 14 years old. I will start with the mower. If they are not easy to remove I will leave the ones on the plastic hood side covers. Some high quality stickers don't come off easy.

·
Registered
12,292 Posts
Do most dealers put their stickers on new machines? Mine put one on each side of the hood, the loader, and the backhoe. They even put one on the brush mower. They put them on my L110 too. I think I am going to remove them from the 2024R this weekend. If I remove them from the L110 there will likely be a color difference due to it being 14 years old. I will start with the mower. If they are not easy to remove I will leave the ones on the plastic hood side covers. Some high quality stickers don't come off easy.

I think most dealers put a logo sticker on, mine has them on either side of the hood but not on any of the attachments. What's up with dealers not taking that plastic off the seats anymore, that's a PITA to remove.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts