Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New member from Bridgetown Western Australia. Recently my family (wife, 10 year old son and almost 8 year old daughter) have moved back to the family farm from the city.

Basically come back to help aging parents with our 4000 acre beef operation.

Also we are now proud owners of a new 6105R and 469 baler. We have always wanted John Deere and have gone in boots and all. These now have pride of place in amongst some six Fords (ranging from a 6810 down to a Dexter) and a three year old Massey 4610.

We have just started out hay season here and loving the new JD tractor and tomorrow I start baling. Will keep you posted.

James

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome from New York. Can you share any pics of your tractors and farm?

Edit, Thanks for the pics, I found your other thread. Nice tractor.

·
Premium Member
14,110 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Registered
11,757 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,069 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Welcome from New York. Can you share any pics of your tractors and farm?

Edit, Thanks for the pics, I found your other thread. Nice tractor.
Hi Tom. I will add some more shortly. I recall going through your neck of the woods about 20 years ago when I worked in a summer camp in the Catskills. One of the best times of my life.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Welcome from Iowa!

While I've never been to Australia, my oldest daughter is in your fine country on an extended stay. Backpacking and exploring the sights up and down the south east cost, at the moment she's in Byron Bay, New South Wales.

Please share pictures of your farm and activities, its fun to see how the rest of the world lives.

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
:gtfam:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Thanks, GREAT pics of your farm :bigthumb: So you say your family farm is 4000 acres? WOW, I can't imagine how large that is, and if it is all that beautiful, you're fortunate to live there. Visiting Australia is on my bucket list, now you're really tempting me to visit soon.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Took this a couple of days ago as I went out to the car. An amazing dawn sky. This was just taken with the iPhone. I would like to say every morning is like that here but I would be slightly exaggerating.
Wow! Most impressive. Like an art gallery photo! Noticed in your pasture picture the yellow flowered plant. Trefoil by chance?

Thanks for pictures. Beautiful part of the world.

·
Premium Member
7,319 Posts
Thanks, GREAT pics of your farm :bigthumb: So you say your family farm is 4000 acres? WOW, I can't imagine how large that is, and if it is all that beautiful, you're fortunate to live there. Visiting Australia is on my bucket list, now you're really tempting me to visit soon.
If I'm not mistaken, 4,000 acres would be considered the family garden on a large cattle or sheep station Down Under. :laugh:

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland

1 - 20 of 21 Posts