·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts
It's a nice looking setup, but the FEL mounted blades still make me nervous about tweaking the loader frame. And, my thinking that makes me feel better about having that stupid bolt on bucket setup.:banghead:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
There is no hydraulic angling available for this. Manual only, according to what I was told by a JD dealer.

I don't really see the point. Angling the plow is the whole point of using a plow. I can't imagine having to change pin holes every 2 minutes. Maybe someone can rig up a spring loaded pull cord back to the operator station to release it and then change angle against an object or something. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
There is no hydraulic angling available for this. Manual only, according to what I was told by a JD dealer.

I don't really see the point. Angling the plow is the whole point of using a plow. I can't imagine having to change pin holes every 2 minutes. Maybe someone can rig up a spring loaded pull cord back to the operator station to release it and then change angle against an object or something. :laugh:
Has long has it angles you can always add a cylinder. would need the hydrolics for it. Where there a will theres a way

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hmm ok after looking on how it's mounted seems like it's just this but painted green? Would make sense if it's a center pivot and would be much lighter than their regular offerings... plus I'm sure it's going to cost way more than below. Looks like the best is still artillian if you really want to use a plow on your fel.
Heck I'll settle just for some snow right now so I can use my bucket! Glad I haven't bought a blower and blade yet I'd be going stir crazy! It's going to be 50 up here for a few days and looks like it's not changing anytime soon:flag_of_truce:

Quick Attach Plow for John Deere Front Loaders

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's a nice looking setup, but the FEL mounted blades still make me nervous about tweaking the loader frame. And, my thinking that makes me feel better about having that stupid bolt on bucket setup.:banghead:
Loaders can be subjected to far more loading working in dirt, unless maybe in the hands of a maniac. There's far less traction in snow than dirt, obviously.

I won't use anything BUT a loader mounted plow for snow. It's the only tool that can do it all. Tomato, tomahto, I guess. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Has long has it angles you can always add a cylinder. would need the hydrolics for it. Where there a will theres a way
The subject of this thread was not "Frontier loader blade for those who want to fumble around with science projects resulting with disappointing results while snow is falling outside." :laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
The subject of this thread was not "Frontier loader blade for those who want to fumble around with science projects resulting with disappointing results while snow is falling outside." :laugh:
I think he was giving you a viable alterative to you having to "Rube Goldberg" a pull pin system.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hmm ok after looking on how it's mounted seems like it's just this but painted green? Would make sense if it's a center pivot and would be much lighter than their regular offerings... plus I'm sure it's going to cost way more than below. Looks like the best is still artillian if you really want to use a plow on your fel.
Heck I'll settle just for some snow right now so I can use my bucket! Glad I haven't bought a blower and blade yet I'd be going stir crazy! It's going to be 50 up here for a few days and looks like it's not changing anytime soon:flag_of_truce:

Aside from the feeble mounting structure, check out the YouTube video of how long it takes to angle that puppy using their optional kit ( electric). Might as well go in and make a snack while it moves. :good2:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
I don't know, didn't seem to take all that long to move side to side. :dunno:

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
377 Posts
Looks like the exact same hydraulic pump Polaris uses for their ATV snow plows and it angles fine for me.

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts

I don't find that to be a bad option at all.:dunno:
Never saw that plow set up before.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I actually ordered my 1025r with this. AF10F is the number. Does not have hydraulic angling, but my new driveway is flat and straight so I don't anticipate needing to adjust the angle save for once or twice to do the whole thing. Saved about $1,000 over the front mounted blade.

I'll upload pics after it gets delivered on Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
I actually ordered my 1025r with this. AF10F is the number. Does not have hydraulic angling, but my new driveway is flat and straight so I don't anticipate needing to adjust the angle save for once or twice to do the whole thing. Saved about $1,000 over the front mounted blade.

I'll upload pics after it gets delivered on Friday.
What was your out the door price without hydro's? Similar to this?
https://www.muttonpower.com/p-14103-frontier-60-front-blade-af10f.aspx

1 - 20 of 22 Posts