Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This looks like a good John Deere forum and I happy to be here.

My name is Josh and my wife and I own Seven Tails Ranch. Essentially it is the name of our homestead in East Texas. Currently we have just "pets" (dogs, cats, horses) but plan on starting to work the land more for produce and possibly add some production animals in the future. We also have around 7 acres or so set aside for woods/wildlife habitat as we have an abundance of fish in the pond and deer/hogs/coons/armadillos in the woods.

The property itself is around 26 acres with some elevation changes, a 1/4 acre pond, and a creek. We bought the property of November of last year and have been borrowing/renting tractors for the major chores, lawn duty is handled by my Cub Cadet XT1 GT 50" riding mower.

My first John Deere I drove was my neighbor's "small" tractor, a 5100E, 100hp model. Worked great to grade down a foot along the east and south side of the house and do some basic chores in the spring.

I also rented a Kubota L3800 HST for some brush clearing/trail cutting of the pastures a few weeks ago. That tractor was a much more manageable size.

Coming on Wednesday:
2019 3025E with 300E loader. This one is equipped with the "on road package" and R4 tires. Appears to have had telescoping draft links on the tractor already, asked if I can keep those.
Adding to the tractor:
i-Match Quick Hitch
Canopy
Implements to start me out:
RC2060 Rotary Cutter with Slip Clutch
BB2060 Box Blade - Standard Duty

Excited for this new piece of equipment to the ranch. This should allow me to maintain the pastures, drag the arena a bit easier/level it more (currently using a tractor supply harrow behind my garden tractor (cub cadet), clean out the run in shelter quicker, level my rock on the circle driveway, and work on a variety of other projects; such as a fall food plot for deer.

Hoping to learn and share as I go here. When the tractor comes I'll wire in a canopy fan, some led lights, and add a tool box. Any suggestions on those?
Any other must have implements I should be looking for?

Ultimately I selected this tractor using the 80/20 rule and this should do 80-90% of what I need to know. I am smack in the middle of Cattle and Hay country it seems, so if I need a larger tractor or excavator it is a phone call away from a neighbor or rental yard. The 3025E seems to be a good blend of durability, no particulate filter issues, and power.

-Josh

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Premium Member
10,993 Posts

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Josh,

·
Registered
12,556 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,993 Posts
I read that thread actually. It was in the pictures, something I will look for.

What are people using the drawbar for?
To tow wagons, carts and implements via clevis hitch or ball hitch.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Welcome from the swamps of Louisiana.

Look into a land plane

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Premium Member
7,963 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Nice looking tractor. :good2:

Check out this link.

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/kens-bolt-grab-hooks/189464-new-roll-over-protection-structure-clamps%99.html#post3309796

Kenny is a member here and has some really neat stuff.

The link is for his new ROPS clamps which will make installing lights easier.

You may also want to check out his bolt on hooks for your loader bucket.
Thanks! His pins for my i-match and the loader bucket hooks are on the way, also some of those 6' Ring Slings.

I am going to mount the lights and the Fan I ordered to my canopy. They are pretty light and those brackets are beefy. I'll run the wiring down the rops (Which will probably never get folded down).
Toolbox, I've looked over the tractor and while the fuel tank in the rear is great for basalt, doesn't seem to make mounting a tool box handy. I am thinking on the right side of the loader and will have to design something custom.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Very nice. Congrats and enjoy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Congrats! I'd highly recommend pallet forks. And also ballast.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
For now I'll keep an implement attached, but yes I think forks (can't decide if I want clamp on forks or real ones), ballast box, and maybe some bucket teeth as I have hard ground here.

·
Registered
86 Posts
For now I'll keep an implement attached, but yes I think forks (can't decide if I want clamp on forks or real ones), ballast box, and maybe some bucket teeth as I have hard ground here.
Don't get clamp on ones. They might bend your bucket, and they put the load out further from the loader, so you won't have as much capacity. Plus, it's much easier to put real ones on with the jdqa.

Check out Heavy Hitch for the tooth bar. Very well built and really helps for digging.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts