Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sell firewood and have made 2' x 3' metal racks that hold 8 cubic feet of firewood that weighs roughly 300#s. (1/5th of a face cord)

People have asked if I would sell them and I said "sure". Making them wasn't hard but keeping the sides perfectly square is.

So I got a pair of 3 axis welding clamps and it made all the difference in the world. A tape held across the top corner to corner which is only supported on the back side is running within 3/16ths".

The last pic is a cart I just made for the ballast box of my tractor which weighs at least 600#s.
Wood Composite material Engineering Machine Space
Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire Tool Gas
Wood Road surface Floor Composite material Flooring
Wood Floor Bumper Tool Automotive exterior
Road surface Outdoor furniture Outdoor table Table Chair
Property Fence Mesh Rectangle Wood
Wood Bedrock Gas Rectangle Hardwood
Wood Rectangle Composite material Gas Bumper

Registered
Nice work. I like it. 馃憤 Looks like a pretty handy tool.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you thought about putting a top brace on those racks so they don't spread out at the front. Maybe a curved one with the curve going up at or near the top front?

Sure that brace would make it stronger but defeat the purpose of dispensing firewood. The racks are made of #5 rebar which is 5/8ths thick. They are very strong and stiff the way they are and don't need bracing. You can jump up and down on the bottom rungs and can't distort the top more than a 1/4".

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Put the ballast box on the new cart, works great. No pic of it yet with the box on it. Rolls real easy and it is HEAVY.

Reactions: Mackford13
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.