Green Tractor Talk banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #81
A couple of thoughts - internet access and/or television.

I assume you are close enough to your house to access the home wireless internet. But if not and you are burying things, add ethernet cable. Same for installing whatever is needed so you can use a television in the garage, just in case.
Clyde,

Already have a pipe in the ground into the building that was put in when the power pipe for the panel was put in before the concrete was poured so I can run network cable and coax inside.

Reactions: Levi

Registered
Discussion Starter #82
Here are a few updated photos. Stucco work was done last week. First 2 photos are of the trim prep. I only did the front so it would match the house front. No point is stucco on the rest of the building at this point. I may change my mind later but I can add it without too much expense.

Added some used railroad ties to push the rock drive out beyond the garage so I can drive over them easily and keep the rock in place. Worked great as I had 2 loads of dirt brought today and the dump trucks went right over loaded, no issues and plenty of room. Not finished just yet as I need a few more RR ties.

Registered
Any word on the doors?

Nice trailer too!

Reactions: etcallhome

Registered
Discussion Starter #84
Any word on the doors?

Nice trailer too!
Door guy came out on Monday to check conditions and they expect to have them installed by end of next week... YEAH. And lets hope that happens.
Just to add salt, my electrician has injured himself and might be able to get started next week but if not, he will send one of his "guys" to do the work .....

Reactions: rtgt and Gizmo2

Registered
Discussion Starter #85
Well a lot of progress this week. About 85% of electrical work is done. Panel is "hot" and most of the starter electrical outlets have been run.(I will run more later when I figure out exactly where I want all of them)
Power for garage doors is complete and "hot" for them to install tomorrow. Waiting on LED shop lights. Will have photos tomorrow after doors installed. Still trying to find exterior lighting that I like.
Oh yeah, I am painting all weekend so I can get soffits and gutters up hopefully late next week.
The finish line is getting close.....................Finally !!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #86
Well here are a few electrical photos and the garage doors did not get installed today. NO SHOW!! I am not too happy.

Registered
Discussion Starter #87
Well 1 door installed today. Only 1 because the other 2 are missing in action at the warehouse.....Long Story !! Not sure at this time when the other 2 will be installed as they need to be reordered.
Also attached a photo of the brand with stamped specs for the Florida requirements.

Registered
Looks 1/3 good! Almost there...

It sucks you're getting the run around on this, but it has been fun watching it come together!

Reactions: rtgt

Registered
We had the opposite problem. They came out to install our doors and they only installed 2 of the three. As they are working on the first door I point out that they are going to have a hard time with the middle one as it is a 10' door where the other two are only 9' wide. I could see that all the panels that they had were the same size. One of the installers looks at one of the other guys and said he thought he came out to measure the door openings the other day. He said he did but only measured one opening and assumed they were all the same but now that he looked at them he noticed that one does look a little bigger... They had to call the office and order another door.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #92
Well more progress over the weekend. 3 sides painted with Loxon and front plus right side painted with Superpaint. Right side still needs second coat and some rolling. Also painting front of house from stucco repair. Will finish up rest in the next couple of weeks. Was going to use Sherwin Williams Duration but at $42 per gallon at the discounted contractor rate, it was too rich for my pockets at this point...

Registered
Discussion Starter #93
Well more progress.....
Painted entire building at this point. Electrical permit completed. Meeting with Orange County inspector in the am to talk about temp permit as this is just a garage so I can move stuff in without garage doors. Soffit is going on Fri so then I can do gutters next week....

Registered
Discussion Starter #94
Had to put up a "temp" light for the final electrical and only 1 coat on the back...

Registered
Discussion Starter #95
Building base color paint complete. Need to paint all of the White trim.
Soffits installed this morning.

Registered
2032R, 220R MSL, 270B
Looking great! What's the plan for the lower front - no stucco, no paint?

Registered
Discussion Starter #97
Looking great! What's the plan for the lower front - no stucco, no paint?
I am going to be putting stacked stone to match my house if I can find it. It was purchased over 3 yrs ago..... Here is a photo of what's on the house. If I can not find it, I will just paint for now until I can find some $$$ to remove whats on the house and redo to match garage..

Was told today that other 2 garage doors have arrived. Guy is going to put eyes on them tomorrow and then I am not sure when they will get installed but the end is getting near.

Inspector gave OK to move in stuff as long as she could she garage door mounting points and walked thru door that I should be putting in this weekend. Emptied the storage unit this last weekend and plied it into the garage. As you can see, no organization yet.....

Senior GTT Super Slacker
I am going to be putting stacked stone to match my house if I can find it. It was purchased over 3 yrs ago..... Here is a photo of what's on the house. If I can not find it, I will just paint for now until I can find some $$$ to remove whats on the house and redo to match garage..
The new plastic stuff is really tough stuff and looks good IMO.
Here I used it in 2015 after I replaced a few pole bottoms in our pole barn.
20150927(7).jpg

Registered
The new plastic stuff is really tough stuff and looks good IMO.
Here I used it in 2015 after I replaced a few pole bottoms in our pole barn.
View attachment 767616
Do you have any more info on this? We have brick on the front of our house that I would like to remove and replace.

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Do you have any more info on this? We have brick on the front of our house that I would like to remove and replace.
This company bought out the company that manufactured the stuff I bought.
I had a seamless gutter place make the brown aluminum trim work per my specification.

HD Samples | Tando Building Products
Keep in mind there are other companies that make the stuff.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts