Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

Just want to post pictures of the progress of my new garage. Back in Dec 2012 I had the foundation dug 4 feet below the frost level.

IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0018.jpg IMG_0019.jpg

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last Thursday; April 25th, they started with the back addition to put all of my tractor attachments. Here they are installing three concrete posts to support the roof at the opposite end.

IMG_0083.jpg

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Today they finally finished pouring the cement floors. Once it dries in a week or so, it will be time to start building my garage.

IMG_0087.jpg IMG_0088.jpg

I was told that I could put down a cement sealer in a day or so. Any suggestions on what brand or kind? I was thinking of an epoxy or polyureathane.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I used a product called cure and seal for my home cement. It helped to keep the moisture in and the concrete to dry nice and slow. I was able to put it on a few hours after it was poured.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The garage itself will be 16'x24'. The addition behind it will be 16'x12'; more like a carport type structure. Those concrete columns were buried 4 feet in the ground, below the frost level.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,725 Posts
Thanks RLTherio. I like it all. Keep us updated.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,725 Posts
BTW RLTherio how many hours ya got on the 655? Seeing it brings back memories of our 650.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just over 1300 hours. I bought it in November of 2011, right after the Halloween blizzard we had out here in western Mass. And I had to get a 380 front blade for it, along with the 50" mower deck. I finally got a 47" two stage snowblower last February, works great for what snow we got after that.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts