Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Missey requested a gate closer to her garden for a few years. This would allow her to cut through the paddock to get to her garden instead of walking around.

This is what I've got about 90% finish . . .

In the first picture (with the stars) it didn't turn-out great, I had 'over-spray'. So I sanded it, repainted the blue, and now I'm waiting for a better template than what I use. It should come this week.

Then the summer project of cutting the fence and adding post and such to make it functional.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Looks great.

·
Registered
11,976 Posts
Marlin i really like the idea of ur gate-Nice. now maybe u will show us when its up and working.

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it's not done yet as I'm waiting on a template that will help me place the stars in the blue field on each side.

I did get to looking at the back side again and it just didn't look right. Something wasn't right.

Then I got it, it's the stripes. On the back side the stripes did not go left to right correctly.

So I fixed it this morning . . .

Before . . .

Now after . . .

And it matches the front just a little better . . .

Marlin i really like the idea of ur gate-Nice. now maybe u will show us when its up and working.
BigJim55 ~ Yep. I hear you and that will be a little more into this spring when it's warmer. I need to splice this gate into the existing 4' field fence just off the deck. That will require a couple PT post's and a few PT 2 x 4's.

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I received the template for the stars on the gate and got then done on both sides. A little touch-up is needed but I'm getting close to completion.

This will go on the left side of the top, Missey's request.

I'm also thinking of adding a star in each of the four corners of the blue star field.

·
Registered
11,601 Posts
I received the template for the stars on the gate and got then done on both sides. A little touch-up is needed but I'm getting close to completion.

View attachment 731722

This will go on the left side of the top, Missey's request.

View attachment 731723

I'm also thinking of adding a star in each of the four corners of the blue star field.
Looks very nice from here, Marlin. As usual, nice work.

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks very nice from here, Marlin. As usual, nice work.
Thanks Don ?? ~ I enjoy a little woodworking now and then and have no problem findings small projects. My projects aren't perfect, I have to work with the material and tools I have which limits me a little. But Missey likes it and is very thankful I build these things. (The verticals in the gate are 'recycled cedar' 2 x 4's from a deck built in the early 90's and replaced in 2007. This is one of many items built from recycling cedar from that deck.)

I don't have another small project in mind just yet. I will be getting back to my remodel here shortly, first is dumping/spreading several garbage bags of insulation in the attic. When we repaired the ceiling in the living room last September my dry wall guy replaced a 4 x 10' area of sheetrock that was sagging. When he dropped the old sheetrock all the insulation that was sitting on it dropped into the living room . . . now to put it back.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Looks great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts