1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
I would love to have a gator- someday, but where in the world is the bed to haul stuff in, heck that ain't no decent size of a bed on their. for the money, I want a bed I can dump dirt off my 53 inch bucket into, jump in gator and go dump it. not these little baby beds on these, wait till newt gets a look at them. big jim

·
Premium Member
7,504 Posts
a 60mph Gator is too much of a "hot rod" for me. I think my Kawasaki Mule will do 20-25 (no speedo, so unsure) and I never run it WOT.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I guess the choice here is application specific -- do you need a work vehicle or a play vehicle? Some configurations are trying to be both, but compromises would necessarily have been made.

For quiet hauling and most chores around the property, my electric Gator and its home-made trailer were a pretty good choice -- each bed is quite a bit larger than the new "sporty" Gator linked to above.
Gator capacity times two.jpg

For real heavy work the Toro Workman with its even larger 2000 pound rated bed, dual hydraulic ram lift, three cylinder water cooled Mitsubishi engine and dual range rear end was heavy duty enough for chores.

front quarter view.jpg

The only potential use I would have for a long-travel suspension 4x4 UTV would be hunting -- but in that regard I enjoy getting back into places that no motorized vehicles are allowed anyway...so that means a single wheel cart and 'armstrong' and leg power. :lol:

Loren's 4x4 2014 Ochoco.jpg

Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I looked at both, and settled for the 825i S4. She'll do about 55mph, and has the big bed for dirt and tools and stuff.

The RSX is a sport vehicle, not a work vehicle. Would be fun though!!!

-J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts