Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I went in and ordered two new XUV560E Gators for our wives today. We’re such nice husbands! They just want them for yard chores and light debris hauling.

Our friends have been using a golf cart that they store for the winter for a club and have to give back soon. They’re taking one of 3 that’ll be delivered next month that has aggressive tires and a roof. We’re just placing an order for a new factory build that’ll be delivered in September as we’re not in any hurry. I just ordered the stock turf wheels and tires because she didn’t like the way her quad used to chew up the yard when turning. I’ll probably need to add the roof once she sees her friend got one.

We have just joined the Pinto Gator ranks.

·
Premium Member
12,664 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,294 Posts
I just ordered the stock turf wheels and tires because she didn’t like the way her quad used to chew up the yard when turning.
Aren't most quads posi rear/solid axle? The 560 isn't. We have zero issues driving and working in the yard.

We have just joined the Pinto Gator ranks.
You did good. I think you're gonna like it. (y)
Get the roof.

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,435 Posts
Aren't most quads posi rear/solid axle?
Believe you're right, I know Emma's 4wheeler will rip $#!% up :ROFLMAO: The Donkey never, unless someone forgets to unlock the rear axle. :rolleyes::LOL:

·
Premium Member
18,028 Posts
Congrats, I'm with Keith get the roof and change the tires.

·
Corndog Hater
12,592 Posts
Congrats! I have what I'd consider standard turf type tires on the Buick. I'm not sure that's what they actually are though. They have been referred to as wuss boy tires, if I'm not mistaken. I will buy them again, they have gotten us everywhere we need to go and leave no marks. Buy the roof.....and enjoy. September seems sooooooo far away.......

·
Corndog Hater
12,592 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aren't most quads posi rear/solid axle? The 560 isn't. We have zero issues driving and working in the yard.

You did good. I think you're gonna like it. (y)
Get the roof.
Yes, our quads had a solid rear axle. It’s just going to be a yard Pinto. It won’t be taken riding up in the mountains like we used to take our quads. We don’t have muddy areas to get around, so the tires should be fine. It was her call. She also said no roof, but I’m expecting that to change when our friends get theirs in June and she sees what the roof is.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,294 Posts
It’s just going to be a yard Pinto. It won’t be taken riding up in the mountains like we used to take our quads. We don’t have muddy areas to get around, so the tires should be fine.
Mel working in the garden, bluetooth speakers...

Me..
Property Building Tire Window Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Video unavailable
This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

:(

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,435 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,294 Posts
Reactions: JDLTG

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They have been referred to as wuss boy tires, if I'm not mistaken. I will buy them again, they have gotten us everywhere we need to go and leave no marks. Buy the roof.....and enjoy. September seems sooooooo far away.......
I think they’ll be fine. If she gets stuck I think there’s someone here who can offer plenty of good towing advice. 🤣 I suspect that when she sees the roof on her girlfriends Gator, she going to want one too. Yes, September does seem a long way off, but we’ve gotten used to waiting for things this last year. Now, if I was waiting on my tractor, I’d be climbing the walls.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reactions: PJR832

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,294 Posts
If she gets stuck I think there’s someone here who can offer plenty of good towing advice.
Keep in mine, our 560 IS the tow vehicle of choice. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Keep in mine, our 560 IS the tow vehicle of choice. :ROFLMAO:
That’s why I bought that one. Those Cadillac gators look like they would perform in the mud like the red Cadillac in My Cousin Vinny. 🤣

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
Pinto Gator just sounds WRONG! Horses and Gators don't mix. Now I can see calling the smallest Kawasaki Mule a Pinto Mule.
Yes, I bought a Mule. The 835M Gator I wanted was too much green ($$$) 🤑 :whistle:🤠

1 - 20 of 53 Posts