Green Tractor Talk banner

New Goodyear R14 Tires for my 2720

868 Views 15 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  wh5208speed
Got Goodyear R14 tires installed today on my 2720. Decided to try and find a local small business to buy/install the tires. The guy I found is a firefighter and on his off days changes tires for local farmers. He doesn't have a tire shop so he works out of his truck. I mentioned that I could drop off the tires at his house and his wife said he prefers to just leave them on the tractor and the service call to my house was only $30.

He was able to get the rear tires 14-17.5 ($290/each installed). He was not able to get the fronts, but said if I could get them shipped, he would install them for $25/each. So, I ordered them from simple.tire.com.

It was cool to see someone who knows their business as he replaced all 4 tires without even taking the rims off and just basic tools. His pricing was great and I would pay even a little more in the future to support guys like this who are out hustling.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car
See less
Got Goodyear R14 tires installed today on my 2720. Decided to try and find a local small business to buy/install the tires. The guy I found is a firefighter and on his off days changes tires for local farmers. He doesn't have a tire shop so he works out of his truck. I mentioned that I could drop off the tires at his house and his wife said he prefers to just leave them on the tractor and the service call to my house was only $30.

He was able to get the rear tires 14-17.5 ($290/each...
See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Paint chips where old. He was very careful around the rims and he had a couple of rubber pieces to keep the tire tools from chipping it further. I have plans this summer to repaint them.

He had two tools to break the bead. The one that broke the outside bead was like a hammer. This inside bead use a tool that had a sliding weight.
Musical instrument Office supplies Metal Font Wood
Office supplies Electric blue Font Slope Parallel
What did he use to break the beads on the old tires?

Are the paint chips on the rims old?
See less
Paint chips where old. He was very careful around the rims and he had a couple of rubber pieces to keep the tire tools from chipping it further. I have plans this summer to repaint them.

He had two tools to break the bead. The one that broke the outside bead was like a hammer. This inside bead use a tool that had a sliding weight.
What did he use to break the beads...
See more
That might just be a little outside of his range 😁
Nice! Does he come to Massachusetts too? Those tires look good on your machine!
Reactions: driveshaft
That might just be a little outside of his range 😁
Nice! Does he come to Massachusetts too? Those tires look good on your machine!
See more
By ordering the rear 14-17.5 tires locally, I got them for $290/each mounted, which seemed like a great price to me.
Thanks for the links. Was the shipping for the rear tires very expensive? Wondering if I can order them locally if the cost offset would be better.
  • Love
Reactions: raco232
By ordering the rear 14-17.5 tires locally, I got them for $290/each mounted, which seemed like a great price to me.
Thanks for the links. Was the shipping for the rear tires very expensive? Wondering if I can order them locally if the cost offset would be better.
See more
He is located out of Amanda, Ohio. About 30 minutes Southeast of Columbus.
Ecoregion Map World Atlas Rectangle
I am assuming he is in Ohio. Do you know which part of the state?
See less
Reactions: raco232
He is located out of Amanda, Ohio. About 30 minutes Southeast of Columbus.
I am assuming he is in Ohio. Do you know which part of the state?
See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts