Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deere has come out with a new material collection hopper that takes care of a couple issues I have always had with the 14 bushel bagger.

1) The MCS 20 holds more material! I know those of you who collect a lot of leaves in the fall will appreciate that!
2) It is I-Match Compatible. I have long viewed this as a real shortcoming of the of the MCS 14. Now, like my system, you can pick this unit up with the 3-point.
3) Dump from seat. For those who don’t like emptying bags and have some extra room, this hopper dumps with the push of a button.

I just got one delivered and will be mounting it soon. Will be a couple weeks before mowing up here, but I will keep you all posted!! :good2:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Deere has come out with a new material collection hopper that takes care of a couple issues I have always had with the 14 bushel bagger.

1) The MCS 20 holds more material! I know those of you who collect a lot of leaves in the fall will appreciate that!
2) It is I-Match Compatible. I have long viewed this as a real shortcoming of the of the MCS 14. Now, like my system, you can pick this unit up with the 3-point.
3) Dump from seat. For those who don’t like emptying bags and have some extra room, this hopper dumps with the push of a button.

I just got one delivered and will be mounting it soon. Will be a couple weeks before mowing up here, but I will keep you all posted!! :good2:
Real nice . . . You didn't mention a dollar amount . . . ?? :gizmo:.

Marlin :cowboy:

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Is the pick up self powered? I like the power actuator for the dump. The one I have for my 420 has a Kawasaki engine to suck the clippings up and has a manual tilt dump from the seat. Let us know how this works out for you. :good2:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Is the pick up self powered? I like the power actuator for the dump. The one I have for my 420 has a Kawasaki engine to suck the clippings up and has a manual tilt dump from the seat. Let us know how this works out for you. :good2:
Pickup is from the powerflow assembly (purchased separately) this is "just" a really nice looking
/functioning hopper system. I've been looking at this myself and am looking forward to Randy's evaluation.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Pickup is from the powerflow assembly (purchased separately) this is "just" a really nice looking
/functioning hopper system. I've been looking at this myself and am looking forward to Randy's evaluation.
I'll second that. Been looking at that setup myself for two reasons. 1). More capacity. 2). Would allow my wife and kids to bag the grass and dump it. Currently if one of them is mowing and the bagger is on I have to dump the bags. Wouldn't have to anymore.

The one drawback from current setup, which is the 14 bushel MCS mounted on Randy's cart is portability. Currently the whole setup stores on the cart. Blower, chute and deck bracket included. It fits in a roughly 2 x 3 foot space and I can just roll it around. The new MCS 20 sits on floor. To move it, have to pick it up with tractor or borrow some strong backed help.

I'm sure Randy is already working on a cart setup to store the new MCS 20. If you need a guinea pig for testing Randy let me know.

As far as price I've seen one on EBay listed for $2500. Includes chute, hopper, wiring harness and actuator to dump it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It just uses the standard JD Powerflow mounted on the deck that gets it power from the blade pulley.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'll second that. Been looking at that setup myself for two reasons. 1). More capacity. 2). Would allow my wife and kids to bag the grass and dump it. Currently if one of them is mowing and the bagger is on I have to dump the bags. Wouldn't have to anymore.

The one drawback from current setup, which is the 14 bushel MCS mounted on Randy's cart is portability. Currently the whole setup stores on the cart. Blower, chute and deck bracket included. It fits in a roughly 2 x 3 foot space and I can just roll it around. The new MCS 20 sits on floor. To move it, have to pick it up with tractor or borrow some strong backed help.

I'm sure Randy is already working on a cart setup to store the new MCS 20. If you need a guinea pig for testing Randy let me know.

As far as price I've seen one on EBay listed for $2500. Includes chute, hopper, wiring harness and actuator to dump it.

This unit definitely has some weight to it. I was actually surprised and very pleased on how strong and well built it seems. Wheels you say, huh?? :think:
By the way, the chute is now 2 piece so it will store right in the hopper. That is how it was shipped.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

Oh come on now neighbor, saw a guy down the street mowing and bagging his 1.5 acre lot with a push mower, so it must be time!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks beautiful but for 2500 I suppose it should. I cannot wait to see it on it.
Not cheap, but definitely a top notch piece of equipment. Just a couple things I was really impressed with:

1) Complete custom wiring harness included specifically for the 1 Family. It plugs in line with the fuel pump for switched power. All you need to do is connect 2 wires to the battery, plug and play on the fuel pump, mount the switch with 2 screws, and it is ready to roll. Even on my 2 Family tractor, the harness was long enough and the fuel pump plugs are the same.

2) For the 1 Family, it also comes with a set of custom brackets to raise the lights on the ROPS so they are visible over the hopper.

3) More capacity without a trailer. I am a big fan of keeping the MCS on the tractor. The pull behind units really impede maneuverability. Plus the storage footprint is still pretty low on this unit.

4) Obviously I am a big fan of the I-Match Mount! :bigthumb:

5) Dump from the seat will be new for me but I can't imagine not liking that!

I will definitely keep all of you posted. Hope to have some mounted pics later this weekend!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh come on now neighbor, saw a guy down the street mowing and bagging his 1.5 acre lot with a push mower, so it must be time!
Ok, your right. A couple weeks might be too long!

Mowing and bagging 1.5 acres with a push?! That guy must like push mowing better than I ever did!!:lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Ok, your right. A couple weeks might be too long!

Mowing and bagging 1.5 acres with a push?! That guy must like push mowing better than I ever did!!:lol::lol:
Yeah, when I first saw him out, I figured there was just a spot he wanted bagged... Nope, kept going for his whole back yard, or at least the couple hours I was out and noticed.

I don't even want to bag using my 42" craftsman... Too much stopping.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I've done that more than I'd like to admit. Was so nice when the tractor showed up.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Still waiting. :ttiwwp:

·
Registered
1,923 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Sorry for the delay, just got busy! Well, I wired everything in an mounted it. Went on very easy! I had maybe a half hour into routing the wiring harness, getting everything zip tied and tapping into the fuel pump with the supplied plugs. Very straight-forward and easy. One set of I-Match bushings and it was ready to roll.

I am looking forward to mowing with it this weekend. The grass is not real tall yet, but I will be putting it to the test shortly. Our grass is very wet and heavy here in the spring and I put alot of fertilizer down!

Still very impressed with this unit with delivery and setup done. The bottom opens very very wide so there should not be a problem of grass sticking in the hopper. Also, the integrated stand has pre-drilled holes in the legs that would make is very easy to attach a set of wheels to this, if desired. Just find a caster with the matching bolt pattern and bolt them on.

Next, after a mowing or 2, will be some thoughts on its operation. I will keep you posted!:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
Subscribing as this looks awesome... might be going on the list!

Thanks for your time and effort in providing pictures and detailed comments thus far, Randy!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Sure looks bigger now that it's on the tractor. Just doing grass it will take some doing to fill it up. With the weight of it and then grass, I guess front weights are in order when using. Thanks for the pics. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Subscribing as this looks awesome... might be going on the list!

Thanks for your time and effort in providing pictures and detailed comments thus far, Randy!
Most welcome! I enjoy helping. Equipment is expensive and is supposed to make our lives easier. Research is the best was to make an informed decision before pulling the trigger on your own! :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts