Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sure looks bigger now that it's on the tractor. Just doing grass it will take some doing to fill it up. With the weight of it and then grass, I guess front weights are in order when using. Thanks for the pics. :bigthumb:
I think they do recommend the front weight set for the 1 Family. I think for the 2 Family, is is fine without, but they are a little heavier and a little longer. I will let you know what it feels like with a load of heavy, fresh spring grass in a week or so.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I think they do recommend the front weight set for the 1 Family. I think for the 2 Family, is is fine without, but they are a little heavier and a little longer. I will let you know what it feels like with a load of heavy, fresh spring grass in a week or so.
I was looking through the manual for the 14 bushel MCS the other day. It states that no front weights are needed if using a 1 series tractor. If you are using a 2210 or 2305 you need weights on the front. I've found I need at least five weights on the front with my 1025r and the 14 MCS.

So the wiring harness connects to the fuel pump? Here I was thinking it would plug into the 12 volt power plug on my 1025r.

Thanks for the update Randy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I was looking through the manual for the 14 bushel MCS the other day. It states that no front weights are needed if using a 1 series tractor. If you are using a 2210 or 2305 you need weights on the front. I've found I need at least five weights on the front with my 1025r and the 14 MCS.

So the wiring harness connects to the fuel pump? Here I was thinking it would plug into the 12 volt power plug on my 1025r.

Thanks for the update Randy.

Yes, the connection is at the fuel pump. You uncouple the existing connection, the harness basically makes a Y. Reconnect the fuel pump, the new harness splits off and makes another connection for the bagger wires to continue on to the dump switch.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yes, the connection is at the fuel pump. You uncouple the existing connection, the harness basically makes a Y. Reconnect the fuel pump, the new harness splits off and makes another connection for the bagger wires to continue on to the dump switch.
Sounds like an "easy button" plug and play setup - nice!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I did a little mowing with the hopper last weekend. I went over the whole yard and didn't even fill it full. Great capacity, but also understand we are not fully in the growing season yet so the grass is still a bit weak. Let me tell you, it sure was a quick and easy empty, though!!! Drove into the tree row, hit the button and it was over before I knew what happened! The way the bottom opens completely ensures a quick and clean dump.

I am very impressed. Once the grass volume picks up, I will get you some pics and maybe a short video of the dump.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have been using this hopper exclusively now for a couple weeks and must admit I really appreciate not getting off to dump the bags. I have been mowing twice a week lately ( I don't know what to do with myself since the kids are getting older) therefore have not maxed out the capacity. I am covering the whole yard and end up with about 1/2 a hopper full. It dumps cleanly and efficiently and very quickly. I am trying to get better about feathering the hopper open and driving so as not to end up with just a big pile of clippings in one spot. However, if you want it all in one spot, it will do that just fine!

It is very easy put on and take off. No complaints here! I would give it a big :bigthumb::bigthumb:!

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Could you send a photo of it from the "passenger" side so I could see the chute and power flow. My biggest question is I was thinking I needed a pto driven vacuum pump so I could could vacuum piles of leaves instead of drive over them but sometimes I think I would like just buying something and not modifying it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Could you send a photo of it from the "passenger" side so I could see the chute and power flow. My biggest question is I was thinking I needed a pto driven vacuum pump so I could could vacuum piles of leaves instead of drive over them but sometimes I think I would like just buying something and not modifying it.
Here you go Sir!

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Great post. Thanks for the info. I am considering one of these next spring. With the 3 point dropping when you lower the deck, does it cause the MCS hopper to hit the ground? Or do you have the separate hydraulic mower deck option?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The 3-point will not go so low as to hit the ground, but the hopper will travel if you use the mechanical lift to adjust the deck height. I do have, and recommend, either the hydraulic or independent lift. Thanks for the interest! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mounting Cart

I'll second that. Been looking at that setup myself for two reasons. 1). More capacity. 2). Would allow my wife and kids to bag the grass and dump it. Currently if one of them is mowing and the bagger is on I have to dump the bags. Wouldn't have to anymore.

The one drawback from current setup, which is the 14 bushel MCS mounted on Randy's cart is portability. Currently the whole setup stores on the cart. Blower, chute and deck bracket included. It fits in a roughly 2 x 3 foot space and I can just roll it around. The new MCS 20 sits on floor. To move it, have to pick it up with tractor or borrow some strong backed help.

I'm sure Randy is already working on a cart setup to store the new MCS 20. If you need a guinea pig for testing Randy let me know.

As far as price I've seen one on EBay listed for $2500. Includes chute, hopper, wiring harness and actuator to dump it.

Just curious about the cart. I have a MCS 20 that mounts via 2 bolts and would love to have a cart that allows me to keep things upright and provide a less bulky way to manuver the MCS into position. Can you point me in the right direction?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts