Green Tractor Talk banner

New green tractor owner

2K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  jdforever 
#1 ·
Hi all.. I recently purchased my first tractor and have zero experience with them. I have about 50 acres about half of which is fields and the other have is woods/brush. I have a bushhog and box scraper. 3038e with only 26 hours which was in brand new condition. I've already ordered some hooks and such from kens bolt ons. I'm considering the rear hydraulics to be able to tilt the box and maybe getting a mulcher and/or backhoe eventually. I'm waiting on my quick hitch to be delivered sometime soon too. I follow Tims Tractor on youtube which has been a great help. Any other advice to a new tractor moron? i can't wait to get some great info in these forums and hopefully make a few friends along the way

#2 ·
Proper ballast for any loader work.

#4 ·
Welcome to GTT
Your loader owners manual has all the ballast requirements in it

#6 ·
Welcome to GTT from Wisconsin. Congrats on your new tractor. Enjoy!

#7 ·
Welcome, you’re going to really enjoy the 3series tractor. As others have said proper ballast for the tractor, I have found loading the tires with rim guard seems to be the best bet for what I do. Also, keep your loader close to the ground when traveling with a full bucket, common sense goes a long way. A good grease gun and extra filters is always a good idea.

#8 ·
I highly recommend you get your tires filled with either Deere RimGuard (sp?) or antifreeze for ballast. It will plant your tractor on the ground doing loader work, huge difference in stability.

#10 ·
Welcome to GTT. Nice tractor and congratulation. What area are you from?

Reactions: PJR832
#14 ·
Welcome from NE Pennsylvania.

#15 ·
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

#18 ·
Welcome to GTT

The best advice anyone could give is to read the manuals, then read them again and reference back too them when you have questions.

#19 ·
A big welcome to the GTT forum from Pennsylvania!!

+1 on manuals, I have all my manuals downloaded to my IPad makes it real easy to jump to the section I want. And +1 on ballast.

#20 ·
Welcome to GTT

#21 ·
Welcome to GTT from the Mitten. Nice tractor.....we like pics👍

#23 ·
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

#24 ·
Welcome from southern ky!

#25 ·
Welcome from Central Ohio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.