Green Tractor Talk banner

New green tractor owner

1803 Views 24 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  jdforever
Hi all.. I recently purchased my first tractor and have zero experience with them. I have about 50 acres about half of which is fields and the other have is woods/brush. I have a bushhog and box scraper. 3038e with only 26 hours which was in brand new condition. I've already ordered some hooks and such from kens bolt ons. I'm considering the rear hydraulics to be able to tilt the box and maybe getting a mulcher and/or backhoe eventually. I'm waiting on my quick hitch to be delivered sometime soon too. I follow Tims Tractor on youtube which has been a great help. Any other advice to a new tractor moron? i can't wait to get some great info in these forums and hopefully make a few friends along the way
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
yeah, i have been keeping my bushhog on to balance for now, but obviously that can get in the way. I've been looking at those, how much weight would you suggest getting?
Proper ballast for any loader work.
Reactions: Herminator
thanks i'll look it up.. it has a 300e loader currently.. at least that's what it says on the 'arms'
Welcome to GTT
Your loader owners manual has all the ballast requirements in it
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.