Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got approved for my new tractor yesterday and got it all ordered up. It's going to be a long week and a half to 2 weeks to get it. I have been visiting this forum off and on for a few months now and I finally feel like I am worthy of joining. I look forward to learning everything I can here. I have 20 acres of field, woods and a big hill to put this tractor to work on. Project number one is to try to fix my horrid gravel driveway before the woman looses her cute little car in a ginormous pot hole. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Super Moderator
8,052 Posts
Welcome aboard from Massachusetts.

You mentioned hills? I'll mention ballast. Do your homework before taking the new rig out on hills!

Be safe & have fun!

:gtfam:

·
Administrator
20,720 Posts
Andy,
:wgtt:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts

Welcome from New York. So what tractor are you getting?:dunno:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. :greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
14,741 Posts
Welcome aboard from Massachusetts.

You mentioned hills? I'll mention ballast. Do your homework before taking the new rig out on hills!

Be safe & have fun!

Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

X2 , BIG learning curve for hills. Up and down, ,keep bucket low ,,very low to ground and as SS suggested ,, ballast. Once you feel comfortable still be aware and don't take your guard down. Yes you can travel side to side but again slow , bucket low, ballast and one of the biggest safety tips on hills 4 X 4 don't attempt up or down especially with fel on without having tractor in 4WD.

Be safe and enjoy .

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome Andy from Southern Maryland. Assuming you purchased a 2038R from your signature. That is one sweet machine!:bigthumb: Looking forward to seeing some photos on delivery day :unknown:. Enjoy it and be safe on the hill, great advice from others so far.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. Be safe learn about ballast has mentioned above. You might want to check out wheel spacers they offer. Good luck look forward to your imput.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,506 Posts

·
Registered
4,459 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,542 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome from SE Texas!!

·
Registered
12,334 Posts

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,681 Posts
Welcome to GTT from the afternoon shadows of Pikes Peak! I see you have a few of your own peaks around that cast shadows.

Did I miss it, or has no one asked what did you order???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts