Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my new 1025R last Wednesday. We moved onto 12 acres and the 8n the sellers left needed too much work than what I am able to put into it. My 3 year old son has named it Green. It's his way of telling me which tractor (Cub Cadet mower) he wants to sit on by saying Green or Yellow. Only regret is not getting more attachments when I got it. The sale of the 8n and a boat left here are paying for the RC2048 I'm gonna get for it. Have to sell Yellow to justify adding belly mower deck. Really wanted to get the TLB combo but none in stock and couldn't justify price jump right now. I know when I add it later I'll kick myself hard for how much extra work it'll be.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm just mentioning options.

If your yellow still mows, one possibility is to keep that and mow with.

I have an old small green mower, that I kept. Plus the new 1025r with mid-mount mower. I like them both. But some go with the 2nd rider/mower instead of a belly mower for the 1025r.

I'm not saying what is the better approach, just mentioning the option.
Keeping Yellow for now. I've listed it for sale on Facebook Marketplace but not really trying too hard to sell it yet. Main thing is space in my barn. It's only 20d by 30w in a 3 bay set up. I'd like to be able to keep my boat utility trailer and Green under cover but running out of room really quick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Welcome from the KC area. I bought a used 1023e that came with a rotary cutter and tiller, then I added a blade and box blade. I was thinking of selling the tiller, but just couldn't get myself to give up the tool, knowing I'd never buy a replacement. So happy I didn't sell it - I've used it quite a bit. My only complaint is that I wish I had bought a bigger tractor (3 series). My wife was on board until I used the 1023 to move a large pile of dirt, large rocks, and roots. When she saw I was able to do that, her first comment was, "Good. Now we don't have to buy a bigger tractor."...
Shoot me a message if you come down to Truman much. Be glad to show you around if you're not too familiar with the lake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts