Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. from the Quad Cities home of John Deere.

·
Registered
JD 1025R, 120R Loader, 54D Mower Deck, AP10 Forks
36 Posts
Welcome from Northern New Hampshire. The Ford 8N was a great tractor, but you'll be amazed at how much more versatile your new 1025R is in comparison. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2022 1025R
208 Posts
I'm just mentioning options.

If your yellow still mows, one possibility is to keep that and mow with.

I have an old small green mower, that I kept. Plus the new 1025r with mid-mount mower. I like them both. But some go with the 2nd rider/mower instead of a belly mower for the 1025r.

I'm not saying what is the better approach, just mentioning the option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm just mentioning options.

If your yellow still mows, one possibility is to keep that and mow with.

I have an old small green mower, that I kept. Plus the new 1025r with mid-mount mower. I like them both. But some go with the 2nd rider/mower instead of a belly mower for the 1025r.

I'm not saying what is the better approach, just mentioning the option.
Keeping Yellow for now. I've listed it for sale on Facebook Marketplace but not really trying too hard to sell it yet. Main thing is space in my barn. It's only 20d by 30w in a 3 bay set up. I'd like to be able to keep my boat utility trailer and Green under cover but running out of room really quick.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Registered
1023e
16 Posts
Welcome from the KC area. I bought a used 1023e that came with a rotary cutter and tiller, then I added a blade and box blade. I was thinking of selling the tiller, but just couldn't get myself to give up the tool, knowing I'd never buy a replacement. So happy I didn't sell it - I've used it quite a bit. My only complaint is that I wish I had bought a bigger tractor (3 series). My wife was on board until I used the 1023 to move a large pile of dirt, large rocks, and roots. When she saw I was able to do that, her first comment was, "Good. Now we don't have to buy a bigger tractor."...

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Welcome from NE Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Welcome to GTT. Congrats on the 1025 (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Welcome from the KC area. I bought a used 1023e that came with a rotary cutter and tiller, then I added a blade and box blade. I was thinking of selling the tiller, but just couldn't get myself to give up the tool, knowing I'd never buy a replacement. So happy I didn't sell it - I've used it quite a bit. My only complaint is that I wish I had bought a bigger tractor (3 series). My wife was on board until I used the 1023 to move a large pile of dirt, large rocks, and roots. When she saw I was able to do that, her first comment was, "Good. Now we don't have to buy a bigger tractor."...
Shoot me a message if you come down to Truman much. Be glad to show you around if you're not too familiar with the lake.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

21 - 35 of 35 Posts