Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm new to CUT tractors but very excited to play with my new 2320 once the dealer delivers it. Maybe in a week or two. I went with a 2320 with the 200cx loader. Looking to get a 647 tiller this spring and maybe a snow blower for it next year. I know that a lot of people think the hydraulics are a little slow on the 2320, but I think it'll do everything I need it to do. I guess I just figure this will be a great machine to learn on and I can always upgrade later if I think I need more machine. Oh yea, I just ordered some hooks from Kenny and I'm trying to figure out a tooth bar for it. So Markham is gone for tooth bars? Who's the place to talk to now? Well, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone as I learn and thanks for all of the info so far!

Dan

·
Administrator
22,258 Posts
Welcome Dan!

:wgtt:

Give W.R.Long a look at. I'm going to get a flat bottom tooth bar from them myself when I get motivated.:lol:

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts

I gotta ask...what is a cub welder? I try to figure out usernames, and your implies to me that your a welder-so why did you order my hooks? I know its none of my business...you don't have to answer.

Thanks for the business however! The hooks will make a great addition to your new 2320.

Markham is unfortunately gone...they sold out to another business who ran it into the ground. I like the WR Long toothbars, your dealer could order one for you or you could go through Iowa Farm Equipment -- Bucket Toothbars & Cutting Edges

The new Piranha Toothbar is getting good press as well on other forums as well as a few from here of GTT.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

I'll have to take a look at those tooth bars. As far as the username goes.. I'm a pilot and I love piper supercubs (they are the ultimate bush plane to me). Well, I also like building experimental aircraft and over the years I have been slowly welding together an experimetal supercub. So thats where cubwelder comes from. That being said, I went with the bolt on hooks because I like the ability to easily remove them if for any reason I needed them off. Not really sure why I'd ever need them off, but I like the option of just removing some bolts.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats a sharp looking RV! I have always liked the RV lineup of airplanes. I know what you mean about the DC area, not really airplane friendly.. RC planes are fun, and they use way less fuel too!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
It's really nice to see yet another 2000 series owner. We'll catch up to those 1 Series guys yet.:)

2320 is a fine machine for sure!:thumbup1gif:

Greg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well guys, I have been talking to the dealer this morning and I'm really reconsidering my machine. I like the 2320, but after reading a lot on the internet, it appears that many people find themselves wishing they would have bought a 2520. So, the dealer is looking to get me 2520 instead of the 2320. I hope I'm not driving the dealer nuts, but the salesman was awesome. He said that he wants me to have the machine that I really want and he'll do whatever he can to make sure that happens. So, we will soon see. It's either going to be a 2320 or a 2520.

Dan

·
Registered
714 Posts
Great machine Cub! Welcome!

What Will you be using it for mostly? If you will be doing a lot of pto work, move up to the 25. If not the 23 is plenty and sips fuel. They both weigh the same and have the same lift capacities.

I went with the 3320 instead of moving up to the 3520 and have no regrets at all. But I only cut with it 10 hours so far. Mostly loader, grading, and fork lifting work. The 3320 sips fuel too.

Good luck with whichever you choose!!

·
Registered
15,695 Posts
Welcome. It is good to see another "cool guy"; the ones with 2X20 series tractors.

·
Corndog Hater
12,679 Posts
Welcome to GTT! And congrats on whichever 2000 series machine you go with. I added a WR Long toothbar to my 1026R this summer. The price was fair and quality good and I saved on shipping because I was able to order it through my dealer. Keep us posted.:good2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, the dealer is tracking down a new 2520 with R4's for me. I really like the salesman and he feels that based on my needs the 2520 is the better choice. I intend to use the tractor for general loader work, using pallet forks, snow blowing, grading, tilling, and drilling holes for posts mostly. I'm not sure if I'll use it for a mower in the future, but I like that I can go with a mid-mount or rear deck if I need to later on. I'm also considering going with a 3 point log splitter, but I'm really not sure about it. Any thoughts? The gas ones are just so cheap and I can keep hours off the tractor if I go that route, but I'm thinking a 3 point one would be really fast due to the tractors hydraulic flow rates.

Dan

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Well, the dealer is tracking down a new 2520 with R4's for me.
Now THAT is a REALLY fine machine!:thumbup1gif: Not that I'm partial or anything.:)

I can't give you any info on the splitter,but if you have any questions about the 2520,I can help you out there.

Greg

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
Be sure to check out Artillian for your pallet forks, you wont find a higher quality or better engineered set.

For occasional use, 3PH splitter are nice, but if your a heavy user and heating your house all year than I think a stand-alone is a better option, plus it keeps your tractor free. The 2520 only flows 5.x GPM so it will not be very fast at all.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,424 Posts
Welcome. It is good to see another "cool guy"; the ones with 2X20 series tractors.
Especially if he is of the elite type with a new 2320. Just sayin!:lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
You will love the 2520! I just bought a 2520 myself and its amazing!

As far as the log splitter is concerned I would keep the hours off your machine like you said. There are some splitters out there that have pretty fast cycle times. There are also styles like the Super Split but I have no experience with those. If it were me I would stick with a separate unit.

No matter what you do you're gonna have fun!

·
Registered
15,695 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok,

So I just talked to the salesman today (he is absolutely awesome!), and we've got a new 2520 with 200cx loader with a 53" bucket on the way. Tractor has r4's, hood guard, and ballast box. I think I'm going to add the work lights for sure and maybe the wheel weights. Any advice on wheel weights and what to fill the ballast box with (was thinking concrete in the ballast box)? I've read about filling the tires, but I don't know what that means / does for the tractor..? Any other advice you guys can offer? Overall, I'm really excited about this new machine!! :lol: Not exactly sure when its going to get here, but shouldn't be too long I hope..

Dan

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,424 Posts
Good for you CubWelder! :thumbup1gif:
Get the larger bucket, I just had to say it, sorry.

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
Add the iMatch Quick Hitch to your order, that way you can install/remove the ballast box from the set easy-peasy. (Yes we like to spend OPM) Concrete is fine for your box, be sure to seal the inside seams with duct-tape or caulk first or you will have a mess!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.