Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from southern IL. south of I-80 were the poor folks live if you know what I mean lol! I just purchased a 1987 John Deere 950 that needed some work. Going to be a nice little tractor when we get it back together. It ran when I bought it but had Head problems. Turns out it had a bad thermostat that had made it get hot and was blowing water out the exhaust when started. Thought it might be just a head gasket but just my luck two small cracks between the valves on #1 and #2 cyl but my trustee machine shop man says he can weld her up! Praise the Lord! I'm a Worship Pastor at The Rock Church in Centralia IL. and work for a all John Deere owner farmer just south of where I live on Fridays and Saturdays sometimes. I drive a truck for them mostly but every once in a while I get to drive the big green tractors :greentractorride: life is good what more can I say! I really thought parts for the 950 would be a little easier to come by at the dealer but finding out that's not the case at least not around here!

·
Administrator
20,304 Posts
Glad to have you here!
:wgtt:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome to GTT from Milan, OH.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,759 Posts