Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 X590
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I picked up a 30" mechanical tiller for my X590 from the dealer for $200. It had been sitting in the lot for years. The story goes a guy with AWS bought it=doesn't work with AWS. Looks like it was never installed. I can't find the manual on the JD site? I attached the brochure.
One challenge is I have the powered sleeve hitch which has a permanently install link/arm and the tiller has it's own.
Likely it will need new belts but I just want to try it out first.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
I have one much older than yours but very similar on a 320.

Not sure how to copy / send the information.
Will check and let you know.
The 30inch Mechanical tiller Made from It's Introduction in 1988 with the 240 thru 285 series to Present X500 series is Basically the same tiller. The Tiller Frame is usually what was changed for the different series & the Lift linkage also changed as in the Case of the X500 series Deere added a rear Rocker shaft similar to what is used On the 42inch Hydraulic tiller for the X500 series

To the Original Poster is Your Power sleeve Hitch(integral Hitch) the OEM Hydraulic lift integral Hitch?

If it is the OEM Hydraulic lift Hitch. Something You may not know and Deere will not tell You about. Is You can use the tiller rocker-shaft Lift arm and Yokes to raise & lower the OEM Hydraulic lift Integral Hitch and eliminate the other Parts that come with the Hydraulic Lift Integral Hitch (y)

·
Registered
2016 X590
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update- Finally inventoried all the parts and did a test fit. I ordered some pins/mounting points for the forward mount and a bushing for the hyd lift arm connection and a few other things from Green Parts Direct. I was concerned that the tiller and the Power Sleeve hitch might conflict where they attach to the hyd lift system but the tiller arm attaches right next to the hyd cylinder and the sleeve hitch attaches to the lift arm. I'll post some pictures when I do the install for anyone interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.