Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all,

New guy here and I just placed an order for a new JD 1026R with MMM and FEL. Will only get it in Mid-September :boredom: I could of purchased the 1023 and received it in August but I felt the 1026 offered more $ wise than the difference in price. I couldn't go wrong with 0 down and 0% for 60 months. I am almost tempted to ask for a backhoe now that I got a chance.

I have done some research and reviewed some comments on here. I know this is a new machine and all but John Deere has a very good reputation on quality. Believe me I wanted a 2305 since the day they day they came out. Buying one new was the only option, I don't know how people price these items since there is no "Blue Book" on pricing used ones, but some prices were more than new or pretty close with over 300 hours on the machine.

Thanks to those who have started this forum and I hope to have more input and get some more info as time passes. I will however keep you all informed when my machine arrives and update on all the happenings.

Dan

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Congratulations on the order. That wait will be a killer. Please keep us informed and post pictures of your new tractor when you get it!

:welcomedt

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
Welcome to DT Dan:good2:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Welcome to DT Dan,

You purchased a good machine and it will be well worth the wait. You are correct on the used prices, for a few more bucks you can have new and know how it is maintained. Start planning for the mods now. You will be amazed at what this machine will be capable of doing. Look forward to more of your input here at DT.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Me Again I HAVE UPGRADED

Just wanted to let you all know that I increased my order. I am now awaiting delivery on a 1026, MMM, FEL, and backhoe. I figure if Im gonna have this for any lenght of time I might as well get all the bells and whistles.

I am considering to trade my current john deere riding lawn mower for either a cab (which I have found none) or a front attached snowblower (48 or 54") or snow plow

Not that I will need it much here in Missouri, but there are the 7 or 8 days during the winter that I could use it and possibly clean out out private road (about 1.5 miles) and help neighbors.

Thoughts? (on the snowblower, plow, or cab)

Dan

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hi y'all,

New guy here and I just placed an order for a new JD 1026R with MMM and FEL. Will only get it in Mid-September :boredom: I could of purchased the 1023 and received it in August but I felt the 1026 offered more $ wise than the difference in price. I couldn't go wrong with 0 down and 0% for 60 months. I am almost tempted to ask for a backhoe now that I got a chance.

I have done some research and reviewed some comments on here. I know this is a new machine and all but John Deere has a very good reputation on quality. Believe me I wanted a 2305 since the day they day they came out. Buying one new was the only option, I don't know how people price these items since there is no "Blue Book" on pricing used ones, but some prices were more than new or pretty close with over 300 hours on the machine.

Thanks to those who have started this forum and I hope to have more input and get some more info as time passes. I will however keep you all informed when my machine arrives and update on all the happenings.

Dan
Hey Dan, i am the new guy now,haha.
Anyway I just seen the 1023 and think I am leaning to the 1026 just waiting to see one.
Good luck on yours when you get it

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Hi Dan, Welcome Aboard!

I use a 318 (20 HP gas garden tractor) for plowing, and it's good up to about 8" or so. I know your new machine will be much more capable than the 318 in all ways- weight, 4-wheel drive, and power. So if you rarely get more than 8" or so, it might make sense to get a plow. You've got the FEL for that once a decade big snow.

Having said that, I did get a snow blower for my 318 back in 2000. And about 2 months later we got 20" of snow, a record for down here in NC. I've used the snowblower just one more time since then. By contrast, I've used the front blade 8-10 times or so. And it's good for other things.

I'll post a picture here because everyone likes pictures, something you should remember when you get that new, fine, green machine. I go get a shot of the blade tomorrow and post it. I've got a gravel driveway, so I'm always playing with how to keep from plowing it or blowing it onto the grass. The trailer jacks are something I'll try on the next snow, I also had some big shoes made for it. There's also some wishful thinking here on my part, it got up to 101 here today so some snow sounds pretty good!

Oh, you mentioned ordering a FEL. Did you get the ballast box too? A search on the term ballast box will let you make that call. And remember, all good things are worth waiting for.

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
1026r

I just bought a 1026R after checking a few other mfg. in this size range. I ordered a MM mower, FEL, snowblower and a quick hitch for the rear.
I am going to get a box blade. Does anyone know if a king cutter etc. will fit the quick hitch from Deere? The green painted box blade is $300 more.
I had the rear tires filled with washer fluid. It adds 200 lbs. The box blade will make sure it stays on the ground during bucket use. I hope this baby gets here in a week or two. The JD dealership is swamped with deliveries. They had a 1023E in stock also. The seat upgrade, trim and lights were $1,200 more for the 1026R. Chomping at the bit,,,,,we are building a house and I can't wait to fool around in the dirt.

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
I just bought a 1026R after checking a few other mfg. in this size range. I ordered a MM mower, FEL, snowblower and a quick hitch for the rear.
I am going to get a box blade. Does anyone know if a king cutter etc. will fit the quick hitch from Deere? The green painted box blade is $300 more.
I had the rear tires filled with washer fluid. It adds 200 lbs. The box blade will make sure it stays on the ground during bucket use. I hope this baby gets here in a week or two. The JD dealership is swamped with deliveries. They had a 1023E in stock also. The seat upgrade, trim and lights were $1,200 more for the 1026R. Chomping at the bit,,,,,we are building a house and I can't wait to fool around in the dirt.
Welcome to DT GS:good2:

What did the dealer say about the MMM? I have heard they would not have them till the fall...

The "green" box blade is a lot different than the KK, heavier construction and better quality paint to start. I do not believe the KK will fit the iMatch without modification either. You should consider getting a ballast box-it's a lot more compact when using the FEL than the box blade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts