Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody in green/yellow land! Very soon I'll be pulling the trigger on a JD1025R, FEL, etc. and wanted to do some research - great website.

Replacing a 1986 JD180 that apparently wasn't designed to be used as a bulldozer. :lol: It's a decent lawnmower, but the snow puts the hurt to the trans on this sucker (with the heavy winter this year in MI I broke the tranny TWICE) Blew out the input gear on the Peerless transmission.

Just trying to decide on MMM vs RFM and whether it's worth the extra coin to get the 1060R vs the 1060E. Dealer has 0% financing for 72 months so the difference is only dollars/month.

Do these prices seem right?

60D 7-Iron MMM $2250
1060E RFM $2400
1060R RFM $3750

I thought the RFM's were less expensive than the MMM?

Back blade question - there are (2) available for the 1025R the 2060 and the 5060. 5060 is taller, but it seems like it's lighter duty (by the specs.) Any feedback regarding those? I'll mainly be moving snow, but also help the neighbors with grading/leveling our private road (about 1/4 mi long.)

I'm sure as I get addicted to my new toy I'll be on here more and more (at least when I'm not in the yard fixing stuff.)

·
Administrator
20,678 Posts
:wgtt:

I think you'll have more responses and better answers by starting new threads in the implements and attachments section. :good2:

·
Registered
4,403 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
From CT

·
Premium Member
14,717 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

·
Registered
313 Posts

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Welcome, from Texas!

:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I think you'll have more responses and better answers by starting new threads in the implements and attachments section. :good2:
Thanks - Will do.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Welcome from another Michigander!
Sorry I can't be much help with your mower decision.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,438 Posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts