Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here from the outskirts of Northern VA. By all stretches of the imagination, my wife and I are city kids [way back] and this is our first time in life that we've owned any property without concrete sidewalks. It's awesome out here, but there is a lot of mess to clean up from the previous owners whose health was failing. For the two years we've been here all I've done is mow only what is green with a Kubota 60in zero turn and borrow my friends tractor when the job absolutely required the use of a machine. Fortunately, I'm done with that, a few weeks ago I ordered the 2019 JD 2025r and just had it delivered this past Friday with a loader, backhoe, Frontier 60" grapple and Frontier 60" box blade. These are the absolute minimum of implements that I needed to get working on the immediate issues.

I know, it's the step child of the compacts and the subcompact guys don't like them either...haha. I realize it's just a 1025 with bigger wheels and marginally larger frame and negligible added lift capacity. For me, I've been lucky enough to have had free and open access to a 1025r of my friend/neighbor. I have just over 12 acres of mostly wooded property with 3 of those acres grass/pasture and all rolling hills. The horse trails for our community run the border of everyone's property and I have a few others created by the previous owners. The 1025r fit almost everywhere on the property with the exception of a few places that needed the extra height. I don't have the time or desire to clear larger trails just to own a larger tractor, as much as I would like to have one.

I was able to get about three hours on the machine before I found a hydraulic leak. Sweet a $30k machine and it has to be parked. Ended up being a small o-ring in the power beyond system somewhere that they came and fixed. This is precisely why I bought the 3rd function and grapple from John Deere. I didn't want to deal with buying everything and installing it. Down the road, I don't mind putting in work on the tractor I just don't have time for it right now, I just need to put it to work.

For what it's worth here is what I paid, I don't think I made a killer deal but this is all they would budge. The sales guy actually told me, "There is nothing else I can do." I guess that was my queue that he was done with me asking for more...haha.

2025r - $15,500
120R Loader - $3,445
AV20H Grapple - $2,199
3rd Function - $1,247
260B Backhoe - $6,146.56
BB5060L Box Blade - $400
---$28,987.56---
---out the door with 5.3% tax $30,523.90

All that aside, here are a few pics for good measure.

Delivery day. It hasn't rained for weeks, delivery day it rained. Whatever, it's a tractor.
IMG_5604.jpg

Some implement with the hitch sticking out of the woods that I've mowed around for two years. Not any more.
IMG_5631.jpg

Siding at the far end of the pasture. I'm not even sure why this would even be so far away from the house but it's in the trash pile now.
IMG_5632.jpg

This picture represents a small amount of trash that is the first to go. The dirt circle is the remnants of the round pen that's now in pieces you can see laying there. The previous owner must have used the round pen for small animals too, as it had fencing around the inside. There is another trash pile about the size of a large truck back behind and to the left that can't be seen in the picture. It has concrete blocks, metal, wood, etc. It's all going.
IMG_5635.jpg

·
Administrator
21,132 Posts
Dnfab,
:wgtt:

And congrats on the new :greentractorride: :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
14,154 Posts

Reactions: dnfab2025r

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Congratulations on the new tractor. Looks like you have a perfect setup for what you want to do. :bigthumb:

Welcome to the site.

There are lots of different threads to post you projects in.

·
Premium Member
15,364 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:congrats::greentractorride::bigthumb:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,450 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Welcome to the Green Side of the street. That looks like a great set up. Congratulations.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Welcome from New York! Congratulations on the new machine. It looks like a real nice setup.

·
Registered
561 Posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts