Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say Hi from Hudsonville, Michigan and thanks to all who regularly post here. I've been reading for a while and learning a lot from you.

A few weeks ago I bought a 06' 2520 with 1100 hours on it and while I haven't had the opportunity to use it a lot, I love it. It has a JD 46 backhoe and 200 loader.

My hope, after I retire from doing line and substation work for more than 35 years at the power company here in Michigan, is to do a little light excavating and landscaping work for a few extra bucks. We are also building a new house soon so I hope to get some use out of it then as well.

I'll probably have a lot of dumb questions in the coming months...

Thanks again to all for your questions and answers on the Forum. I am slowly learning. Chuck

·
Registered
200 Posts
Congrats on the new machine!

Someone here might ask for pics FYI...

:yahoo:

·
Administrator
20,713 Posts
:wgtt:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

Go ahead and ask any question. If it is really dumb, Gizmo2 has probably already asked it! :laugh: If he hasn't, I have. :munch: No one has refused to help us yet, so ask away!! :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
9,199 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Did you get all your 3point hardware, too?

Just curious, how long is your trailer? 16'?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you get all your 3point hardware, too?

Just curious, how long is your trailer? 16'?
Yes... I did get the 3 pt. hardware. Funny thing, it was something I had never even thought about and the seller called me last week and said he noticed it in his garage and dropped it off to me. Pretty nice. I think he forgot about it as well.

The trailer is 14' w/ a 2' dovetail for a total of 16'. It's a PJ. I bought it new. Everyone tells me I'll want to someday get into a bigger piece of equip if I get into this excavating thing a little bit so I thought it best to get into a little beefier trailer than what I need now. We'll see. For now I'm pretty content.

Thanks to all, Chuck

·
Registered
2,158 Posts

From CT

Congrats on new :greentractorride:

·
Super Moderator
8,050 Posts
Welcome aboard. Nice rig! Have fun!!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:hi::wgtt:

Welcome from the top of Maine! Nice Deere!!

·
Super Moderator
5,542 Posts
Finally another 2520 owner!:thumbup1gif: With all the 1025 and 2032's owners here, we are the minority.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Finally another 2520 owner!:thumbup1gif: With all the 1025 and 2032's owners here, we are the minority.
I didn't have 2520 to compare it to, no dealer in the area had one.
That just means you could buy another toy with the price savings... :laugh:
You guys are the smart ones!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Congrats on the 2520 and welcome from WI...:drinks:

If you curious, most of the cool people on the forum own 2x20 series tractors. :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts