Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I just bought 11 acres. Had almost given up on the dream of owning any land but The Good Lord came through for me. All the excuse I needed to buy a tractor.

I agonized for a long time over what to buy. Thought maybe I wanted something bigger but came to the conclusion the 1025R is all I need. I have 9 acres that was selectively logged probably 10 years ago then never touched since so there is a tree 3 inches in diameter every six feet with some nice ones scattered in. I figured the 1025 would be perfect for getting through there with minimal damage to the trees and the tractor. Plus 2 acres of lawn. I figured that if I decided to upsize later Deere was the best protection of my initial investment.

I chose the 1025R, H120 loader with quick connect 53 inch bucket, and 60D 7 Iron auto connect. They threw in a grill/hood guard. I got all that done for $16,888 out the door including taxes, insurance and delivery so I feel pretty good about the deal. My immediate tasks will be to build a 200 yard rifle range and some landscaping. Will of course have to buy some basic implements. Still trying to decide between grader box and blade. I'll have to make something for ballast. The dealership doesn t offer Rim Guard they say it's too messy. They use washer fluid so I figured I could do that myself.

Any what to do and what not to do tips would be appreciated. Now if i can just find time to have it delivered.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

Hello Dave!

Congrats on your new :greentractorride: :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:wgtt:

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
:congrats::wgtt:

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. A 200 yard range would be great. Be sure and build a big backstop in this day and age law suits are easy pickings. I joined local rifle club rather shoot on own land. 125 dues a year with no insurance problems. I envy you with 11 acres. I love my 1025r it will surprise you. Read all you can about it and be safe. :good2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome from Illinois. A 200 yard range would be great. Be sure and build a big backstop in this day and age law suits are easy pickings. I joined local rifle club rather shoot on own land. 125 dues a year with no insurance problems. I envy you with 11 acres. I love my 1025r it will surprise you. Read all you can about it and be safe. :good2:
Thank you. I feel very blessed to have found and to be able to afford the land. It's been a dream I almost gave up on.

My plan is a tall and thick backstop with slightly elevated shooting positions so that the shots will always be going into the ground. There won't be a lot of high power shooting. Only for sighting in. I can have more fun shooting 50 yard 1/8 inch targets with a .22 anyway. I have belonged to clubs with ranges and may again. It'll just be nice to be able to take a .22 or muzzle loader out the back door for some R&R.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
:wgtt: enjoy your :greentractorride:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Hello all.

The dealership doesn t offer Rim Guard they say it's too messy. They use washer fluid so I figured I could do that myself.
I contacted Rimguard (through their website). They gave me the names of all the local dealers. There was a Kubota dealer in Avon which handles it. ...and they were VERY cost effective. I believe I paid less than $70 for both rear tires to be filled. ...and they let me watch and ask questions like a 10 yr old! Unfortunately, this was before TTWT was going, or I would have taken video of the process.

Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I contacted Rimguard (through their website). They gave me the names of all the local dealers. There was a Kubota dealer in Avon which handles it. ...and they were VERY cost effective. I believe I paid less than $70 for both rear tires to be filled. ...and they let me watch and ask questions like a 10 yr old! Unfortunately, this was before TTWT was going, or I would have taken video of the process.

Tim
Now granted it was tire people that say it's too messy. What is the truth and is it worth the mess ?

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
11,757 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Super Moderator
7,911 Posts
Welcome aboard Dave!

:congrats::greentractorride::good2:

:gtfam:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Congrats on the property and the new tractor. Are there plans for a BH? I have a shooting range too. It's still a work in progress. I have big trees stacked on top of each other with dirt piled up behind them and behind that is where I have my piles of tree limbs and weeds and whatever piled up behind that. We primarily use it for pistol shooting. I can shoot rifles for longer distance. I have to measure it again but I'm pretty close to a 100yds for sure.

Have fun and hopefully you will get it delivered soon!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome aboard!
Congrats on the property and the new tractor. Are there plans for a BH? I have a shooting range too. It's still a work in progress. I have big trees stacked on top of each other with dirt piled up behind them and behind that is where I have my piles of tree limbs and weeds and whatever piled up behind that. We primarily use it for pistol shooting. I can shoot rifles for longer distance. I have to measure it again but I'm pretty close to a 100yds for sure.

Have fun and hopefully you will get it delivered soon!
Thank you. Yes a BH is in my plans but not the budget right now. Between mortgage, Harley and John Deere its just not there right now. I'm not complaining, I know that I'm blessed. Aside from being old, fat and beat up I still have my health and my income. The BH will have to come when I pay off an existing toy. Unless I can figure out how to make it pay for itself..... hmm.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Welcome to GTT, and Congrats. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts