Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new JD owner from West Michigan.

With lots of research (many hours of which where on this site), I picked up a new 2018 X739 a few weeks ago. We upgraded from a Cub Cadet zero turn.

I started to take care of my neighbors lawn last year, who is a 86 year old widow, and wanted something I could add a snow blower to since it took 2hrs to do both drives with a 24” walk behind. I got the AWS because I wanted the maneuverability similar to the zero turn.

Dealer took off $1500 because it was an ‘18, plus with zero % deal and half down made it a no brainer.

This thing is sooo nice. I wish I would have done it sooner. My wife thought I was crazy, and complained when I got it home saying it was too big. I made her jump on it and take it down the drive and she was amazed at the steering and comfortably of it.

Quick hitch, blade, blower, and some weights coming by fall. Who knows what else. Looking forward to learning a lot more on here!

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Nater,
:wgtt:

We’d love to see your new tractor!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What the hell? Not sure why it’s flipped... lol

Attachments

·
Registered
4,254 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
:wgtt:from MN

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Hey all, new JD owner from West Michigan.

With lots of research (many hours of which where on this site), I picked up a new 2018 X739 a few weeks ago. We upgraded from a Cub Cadet zero turn.

I started to take care of my neighbors lawn last year, who is a 86 year old widow, and wanted something I could add a snow blower to since it took 2hrs to do both drives with a 24” walk behind. I got the AWS because I wanted the maneuverability similar to the zero turn.

Dealer took off $1500 because it was an ‘18, plus with zero % deal and half down made it a no brainer.

This thing is sooo nice. I wish I would have done it sooner. My wife thought I was crazy, and complained when I got it home saying it was too big. I made her jump on it and take it down the drive and she was amazed at the steering and comfortably of it.

Quick hitch, blade, blower, and some weights coming by fall. Who knows what else. Looking forward to learning a lot more on here!
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

Don't worry. We'll help you spend your :gizmo:. :lolol:

·
Premium Member
14,131 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
:wgtt:form East of you.

Nice tractor, enjoy:bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Welcome.
I sure like my X739.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Howdy!

:gtfam:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,201 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Very nice! You're going to love it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey all- quick hitch question. I drove 3 hrs down to Indiana today and picked up a quick hitch and blade. When I got back- I noticed the bar was on the bottom of the hitch- not the top. It installed fine and works. I’m assuming this is just an older model or something? I want to be sure before I use it and damage it- and risk being out completely.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts