Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a set of the Kenda 4 ply HDAP Terra Trac tires for my 1025R. They have the same load rating as the R4 tires I have on now. Got a good deal on them new with free shipping.

I will take them on Monday to have them mounted in place of the R4s.

Although the R4s work fine for me I am hoping these will be a nice balance between those and turfs. I liked the Carlisle HDAP tires on my x590 but they only make those in 2 ply for the rear 26x12-12 size.

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Man they nice, and lot's of tread too. way to go.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Good looking tires!! :good2:

I would carefully record the height of the tractor axle before removing the old tires,,,
so that I could inflate the new tires to the S A M E height,,,

I might even cut/assemble a wood block to keep as a gauge to make height matching easy.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Those tires look GREAT.. .. I'd love to know how they grip in the snow compared to the R-4 winter slicks. I do think they will do a great job on the mowing area you do!!

Also remember how critical the auto connect mowing deck is - it could be brutal and need adjusting if the tire's inflated height is off from the R-4's.

Great job on the tires!!

·
Registered
23,056 Posts
Good looking tires!! :good2:

I would carefully record the height of the tractor axle before removing the old tires,,,
so that I could inflate the new tires to the S A M E height,,,

I might even cut/assemble a wood block to keep as a gauge to make height matching easy.
+1

All it takes is a little rotational difference and expensive parts will break quickly in 4WD.

I guess I am talking about something different. If the replacement rear tires aren't the exact (or very close) diameter to the originals it will bind up when in 4WD.

·
Registered
592 Posts
+1

All it takes is a little rotational difference and expensive parts will break quickly in 4WD.

I guess I am talking about something different. If the replacement rear tires aren't the exact (or very close) diameter to the originals it will bind up when in 4WD.
I think it's the ratio of front-to-rear tire diameter that matters. But you're right, if he's just replacing rears, they should be very close. I think I'm rambling. :)

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
Did you buy locally or on line. If on line where?? Good looking tires. This is my first winter with R4 tires should be interesting.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
754 Posts
+1

On snow, not so much, even the HDAP tires will slip to relieve the built up stress. Now on dry clean concrete or blacktop the tires won't slip and stress will build. Turning is also an issue. The front tires take a longer route to their destination than the rear tires anyhow.

A 1025R has a 4wd system very similar the what my three Ford pickups have had except my pickups have had front lock-out hubs. But they've all had manual T-cases.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics of those mounted on the machine!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Are you only replacing the fronts?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have both front and rears. And I plan on measuring the circumference of both sets to compare the ration. But mfr's diameter specs are very close to the R4 from Carlisle that came on the tractor.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but doesn't the front and rear tire circumference have to be directly proportional? Isn't the 1025R a geared 4x4 and not a hydro assist 4x4, therefore the tires will always be trying to turn at the same rate? I'd want to be super sure the outside circumference is the same as what you're taking off, overall height has nothing to do with it, it's all a out circumference.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts
Thanks pilot-five. I have always loved the R4s, but after 5 years and 400 hours I can tell they aren't what they used to be. More marks in the grass and definitely not the best in winter although I never had much trouble up until last winter. I do love the way they self clean though .....

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As for factory specs, the R4's are 18.2/25.2 (0.722 ratio) front/rear mounted diameter (inches.) The R3's are 18.0/25.2 (0.714 ratio). The Kenda HDAP's are 18.1/25.0 (0.724 ratio). I know these are just factory stated values but the Kendas fall pretty close to the factory specs from Carlisle.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The tread on those tires remind of the classic Interco TSL Super-Swamper tread, which are excellent. they might ball-up quicker in sticky mud, but in the winter I suspect they will be superior than r4s, and also ride much better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bought a set of the Kenda 4 ply HDAP Terra Trac tires for my 1025R. They have the same load rating as the R4 tires I have on now. Got a good deal on them new with free shipping.

I will take them on Monday to have them mounted in place of the R4s.

Although the R4s work fine for me I am hoping these will be a nice balance between those and turfs. I liked the Carlisle HDAP tires on my x590 but they only make those in 2 ply for the rear 26x12-12 size.

Hoe much for the tires? I know the Carlisle HDAP tires are pretty expensive. I've be wanting to get a set of HDAP to replace my turf tires.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I am interested in this.....will they work with a loader?
Thought my turfs fronts were 6 ply?
Thx

1 - 20 of 114 Posts