Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Mark and I recently purchased a log home on 5 acres near White Lake, Michigan. I negotiated a John Deere 2210 with the house along with several attachments. Until a month ago I had never driven a tractor (my only experience had been tractor rides at an apple orchard馃槀). But so far so good, I've learned how to remove the front end bucket and I attached the mowing deck and got my first mow in this last weekend.

The previous owner took good care of the tractor and says he did regular maintenance but I'm at 475 hours and I know at 500 hours is supposed to be a pretty big overhaul as far as changing fluids and whatnot. Any initial words of wisdom would be much appreciated! Looking forward to learning for ya'll!

Registered
You can order kits from green parts store online and have shipped to door or you can buy parts from dealer. Fluids, filters, and grease points aren't a big deal. Just take your time and ask us here if you need too. (y)

Congrats and welcome to GTT from southern KY.

Premium Member
Welcome from SE PA! Check out TTWT for videos (won't apply to your specific tractor) but will provide some insight on how to make the most of your new tractor! (Might also find some discount codes for greenpartstore.com to save you some money.) 馃槈

Registered
Welcome from North of you. Worked in Clarkston so know the area your from. Like mentions above Green Parts have kits.

Reactions: WoodenEagle

Registered
Welcome from NW NJ. I was new to tractors 3-1/2 years ago. I learned more from this forum than any manual could ever teach you. Just don't be afraid to ask. There are no such things as stupid questions here!!

Reactions: Mackford13

Registered
Welcome from East Tennessee. I... kind of... agree with EVT about the manual, BUT! Go to: https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/ and create an account. Browse around in there and you're find free downloads for manuals. The manual should give you details f what should be greased, changed, added, etc. at specific hour intervals. The owners manual is a good starting point. Bob

Reactions: WoodenEagle and EVT

Registered
Find and read operator manual, especially the parts about loader operations and rear ballast
Always keep load low and go slow鈥njoy your tractor it鈥檚 a great tool

Reactions: WoodenEagle

Registered
Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats on your new home & tractor acquisition. Green Parts Store is great. They have just about everything you need. Tim's videos are great. Very informative & educational. Another good one to check out is Good Works Tractors.

Oh & when you order from GPS, make sure & use Tim's code TTWT & you'll get free shipping. 馃槑

Enjoy & be safe.

Reactions: Tractor Tim

Registered
3025E
Welcome just to the West of you in Hartland Township. I would check out D&G in Highland / Milford area, they are pretty good on parts for the compact series tractors.

Premium Member
Tator
Welcome to GTT

Premium Member
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

Registered
Welcome from western pa

Registered
Welcome from SW PA! There is a wealth of knowledge on these forums and the community here is super!

Super Moderator
Welcome to GTT

Registered
2032R, 220R MSL, 270B
Welcome from central NC

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Welcome to GTT

Premium Member
Welcome from NE Pennsylvania.

Premium Member
Welcome to GTT

Registered
Welcome from SE PA! Check out TTWT for videos (won't apply to your specific tractor) but will provide some insight on how to make the most of your new tractor! (Might also find some discount codes for greenfarmparts.com to save you some money.)
Wrong site, Matt :). GreenPartStore - John Deere Parts and More - Parts for John Deere Lawn Tractors, John Deere Lawn & Garden Tractors, John Deere Mowers, John Deere Attachments, John Deere Accessories
Free shipping with the code.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts