Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cool website, I'm liking what I'm reading, I'll post some pictures of my machine soon. :hi:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Welcome to DT Tackit.

Looking forward to hearing more about you and your machine. Action shots are really good to post. :good2:

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
:welcomedt

·
Banned
747 Posts
Great to see you made it over! Be sure to show the pics of your recent JD project, looks some good, and I know the others will like it!

Cool website, I'm liking what I'm reading, I'll post some pictures of my machine soon. :hi:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the welcome guys. The weather is just starting to break here in Northern Indiana, won't be long until the garden goes in, sprayer goes on the 855for taking care of the weeds and the lane gets a spring fork job to smooth out winter's damage.

I've had enough of this long long winter, I'm looking forward to sleeping with the bedroom window open and listening to the birds singing in the trees at day break and working in my shop...

I'll post some pictures of the 855 later this morning, what a terrific tractor the 855 has been on my 21 acres.

It's a 1991 model, I bought new in 1992, today it runs, sounds and lugs as hard as the day I brought it home. It mows about 7 acres of flat ground and runs a good half mile of ditches along the highway I'm guessing about 12 times a season. Along with maintaining the lane with the bucket and the spring fork it takes care of snow removal out to the highway which is about 900 feet.

Sure glad I chose A deere, I can't even remember the parts counter mans name, other than buying my oil and filters at the store, I've only had to replace the tach cable once, the PTO switch once and the ignition switch twice in all these years. :mocking:

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
Yes, the x55 series was arguably the best CUT series JD ever built.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 855 has been a great investment, I can't think of anything mechanicle I own that has been more reliable, it has unbelivable power for it's size and when it's in 4 wheel drive it won't be denied.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Lucky you, we are supposed to get walloped with either lots of snow, lots of rain, or both, with high winds come Friday. Nice here today though, running 12C or about 54F or so.

Ah well, I'll probably get to plow some more....:unknown:

Thank you for the welcome guys. The weather is just starting to break here in Northern Indiana, won't be long until the garden goes in, sprayer goes on the 855for taking care of the weeds and the lane gets a spring fork job to smooth out winter's damage.

I've had enough of this long long winter, I'm looking forward to sleeping with the bedroom window open and listening to the birds singing in the trees at day break and working in my shop...

I'll post some pictures of the 855 later this morning, what a terrific tractor the 855 has been on my 21 acres.

It's a 1991 model, I bought new in 1992, today it runs, sounds and lugs as hard as the day I brought it home. It mows about 7 acres of flat ground and runs a good half mile of ditches along the highway I'm guessing about 12 times a season. Along with maintaining the lane with the bucket and the spring fork it takes care of snow removal out to the highway which is about 900 feet.

Sure glad I chose A deere, I can't even remember the parts counter mans name, other than buying my oil and filters at the store, I've only had to replace the tach cable once, the PTO switch once and the ignition switch twice in all these years. :mocking:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Lucky you, we are supposed to get walloped with either lots of snow, lots of rain, or both, with high winds come Friday. Nice here today though, running 12C or about 54F or so.

Ah well, I'll probably get to plow some more....:unknown:
Same here in ME...getting pounded. Which really burns my rear end...had this been rain and the weather stayed the same, by next week at this time we'd probably have no more snow left...but NOOOOOOO... 'nuther 6-10" announced.
Gonna be hard to plow too...I'm not used to plowing on non-frozen ground...makes an ULTIMATE MESS...Might not plow it at all...or if I DO plow...leave 4-5" on the ground to avoid the mess making.

·
Banned
747 Posts
GD freezing rain here now, would love to leave work early for the 60 mile commute, but no, boss is gawd knows where, so can't get permission!:thumbsdown:

I am so sick of this winter!:banghead:

Same here in ME...getting pounded. Which really burns my rear end...had this been rain and the weather stayed the same, by next week at this time we'd probably have no more snow left...but NOOOOOOO... 'nuther 6-10" announced.
Gonna be hard to plow too...I'm not used to plowing on non-frozen ground...makes an ULTIMATE MESS...Might not plow it at all...or if I DO plow...leave 4-5" on the ground to avoid the mess making.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts