Green Tractor Talk banner

301 - 320 of 426 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Better to find it now compared to after the lawn is seeded.

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Nice progress, you got a lot done.

·
Registered
13,072 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
DRobinson
I didn't what to say anything like that I was trying to be nice, I need some brownie points.😁

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
39,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
At least you found the tile, probably you used PVC for repairs. Looks like you have a great helper working beside you.
Better to find it now compared to after the lawn is seeded.
It's gonna stay open until spring, the ground has an oatmeal consistency now and no way would I try to get the tractor in there. I had no idea it was clay tile, I will remove all clay tile and replace it with plastic.
This 4" line is the overflow from the spring/well house.

As usual, Mel is in the mud and with zero supervision. :ROFLMAO:
DRobinson
I didn't what to say anything like that I was trying to be nice, I need some brownie points.😁
I had to literally pull her out twice. 🤣

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Keith, is that the same area where you or Mel would get stuck mowing, if so a good reason. Yep , may as well remove all the clay tile and put in 4" plastic.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
39,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Keith, is that the same area where you or Mel would get stuck mowing, if so a good reason. Yep , may as well remove all the clay tile and put in 4" plastic.
Good recall. Just down from that location.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Yep sounds like time to fix and maybe get rid of some of the wet areas.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You want me to show you how to do it. Then I can watch you work, while I supervised the project. If I leave now I'll be there by spring, see I can drive 80 - 100 miles per day cause of my back. Your lazy boy recliner should work good for me👍

·
Corndog Hater
12,273 Posts
Everything looks good Keith. Coming along nicely. The house looks bigger than I had envisioned!

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
You want me to show you how to do it. Then I can watch you work, while I supervised the project. If I leave now I'll be there by spring, see I can drive 80 - 100 miles per day cause of my back. Your lazy boy recliner should work good for me👍
just watch out for the vice grips!!!!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
39,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
The house looks bigger than I had envisioned!
I like to call it a modest home. Not big by any stretch but then again no mortgage is better than a BIG house, IMO...

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
I like to call it a modest home. Not big by any stretch but then again no mortgage is better than a BIG house, IMO...
Over time if a addition or they want a garage it can be added. IMO

You have to craw before you can walk

·
Corndog Hater
12,273 Posts
Well said. It's amazing that 15 years ago we were going to build, even had plans drawn up. Square footage kept being added, deemed a necessity by my bride, we were pushing 2,500 square feet plus an attached 30'x28' garage. We bought this place instead, much less square footage and we've done fine. We've also talked about how we'd be fine with even less. I hate to feel crowded, but hate even more the thought of wasted, heated, space.

·
Registered
12,987 Posts
We actually sold that chair a few months ago, I kept the vise grips. :ROFLMAO:
well jimmmy crickets what in the world am i gonna have to sit on when i come to visit uns now

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
SOLD it???? I figured like Archie Bunkers, it would be in the Smithsonian...

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
CP , years ago my wife said we needed to add on to our house. We have almost 1500 sq ft upstairs and close to 700 downstairs . I asked her why , the girls will be moving out in a couple more years and then it will be us. She didn't like my decision , but I agree if you can do with less space why have rooms not being used. At present time the large room downstairs ( game room) has air hockey table, sofa , chair , recliner plus 48"led tv , till my wife put the quilt in that room a few months ago , maybe someone was downstairs every 2-3 months, same for the bathroom and bedroom.
🤷‍♂️ :whistle::unsure:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,649 Posts
So that's where you got the money to pay this house off!! 🤣 I wouldn't have let the Smithsonian have it either. 😂😂

301 - 320 of 426 Posts