Green Tractor Talk banner

321 - 340 of 426 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
39,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Well said. It's amazing that 15 years ago we were going to build, even had plans drawn up. Square footage kept being added, deemed a necessity by my bride, we were pushing 2,500 square feet plus an attached 30'x28' garage. We bought this place instead, much less square footage and we've done fine. We've also talked about how we'd be fine with even less. I hate to feel crowded, but hate even more the thought of wasted, heated, space.
The older you get the bigger the house gets. You'll see.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Yep, looking Good ,,, one thing , Did you get a early enough start doing this.

5:18am

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Sweet (y)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
They didn't demand a backer board behind and hanging over each side some, so you'll have a place to staple the romex?

·
Registered
13,072 Posts
They didn't demand a backer board behind and hanging over each side some, so you'll have a place to staple the romex?
The picture looks like it has one.

·
Administrator
19,579 Posts
When I first saw the picture, I texted him and said "Skimped on the plywood eh?". He never replied 😜

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
39,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
Yep, looking Good ,,, one thing , Did you get a early enough start doing this.
5:18am
I don't fool around like some of you slackers................

When I first saw the picture, I texted him and said "Skimped on the plywood eh?". He never replied 😜
I did, I gave you a thumbs up. Everything is premade. I may add to it later but if all wiring comes in at the top we'll be good, still a bunch to run yet..

·
Registered
11,353 Posts
Isn’t the wiring for each module already bundled and ready to just run over and drop into the box? With the ones I have seen they are set up as good as the flip up roof that is quick to complete on site.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
39,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
Isn’t the wiring for each module already bundled and ready to just run over and drop into the box? With the ones I have seen they are set up as good as the flip up roof that is quick to complete on site.
Yes. One bundle was already hooked up to the panel.

·
Registered
13,072 Posts
I don't fool around like some of you slackers................ View attachment 770436

I did, I gave you a thumbs up. Everything is premade. I may add to it later but if all wiring comes in at the top we'll be good, still a bunch to run yet..
Are you sure it was a thumb?

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
used to be a time when wiring inspectors would demand you paint the backer flat black. I questioned that and I was pleasantly told by a state inspector if he tells you to paint it flat black then do it!! End of call..... It's all about items being easily distinguishable.. Never found out if it is really a code even today I have no idea.. I don't ask anymore.. Probably some NEC code... which you will probably never find in that book!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
39,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
used to be a time when wiring inspectors would demand you paint the backer flat black.
At one time I could swear it was to be left bare, 3/4" plywood.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Looking great 👍

321 - 340 of 426 Posts