Green Tractor Talk banner

681 - 700 of 784 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yes, way too much snow on the roof.....and still.

Yes, we do final grade and grass. It was impossible for them to do a finished the rough grade with frozen dirt.

Good idea. I really need a good one.
2018 - 2020, the big ordeal with my mother passing and keeping three houses and properties in working order.
2019, Bother-in-law and his wife both passing.
2020, My brother passes away and I'm left holding the bag with his property and house trailer.
The new house deal actually started late 2019.
Put a fork in me, I'm done.
I cry like a baby, don't I. :ROFLMAO:

TBD. :ROFLMAO:
Calm down , Mel will get it done . Kevin .

·
Registered
585 Posts
He and his crew did the excavating, the foundation and is on the hook for the rough grade.
Plus a small leak/seepage...
View attachment 778534
Is that the sewer pipe in a new basement . Supervisor you are not . There should be no 90 fittings and I am looking at one . That pipe is all out of whack . WHEN THEY BACKFILLED , they ****ed something up . Kevin .

·
Premium Member
5,506 Posts
two 45's were required or a log sweep,, it almost appears to not be a true 90 degree bend? but he got it approved by the inspector, maybe a different code? The penetration is being fixed with hydraulic cement and Keith stated they sealed the outside,, the hydraulic will seal that hole when it expands during drying.
The septic may be pretty deep or on a downhill away from the house and has to have that angle? It's certainly going to flow! It also could be as you stated, something dropped on it during backfill. He's on it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #686 · (Edited)
Nice talking to ya Keith.
Thanks. (y)

If you would ask all members of GTT to send just 1 piece of gravel, you might have something for that mud. If you ask your friends on GTT, you will probably have 💩. 😇
They better be sending cash house warming gifts, the kids are broke and we're just about there. :ROFLMAO:

In Fact, whatever your waste system is made from has to extend 8' from the foundation per code and that's where the septic connection is made.. The plumbing inspector is responsible to 8' out from the house.
It's 10 ft here.

The septic may be pretty deep or on a downhill away from the house and has to have that angle? It's certainly going to flow! It also could be as you stated, something dropped on it during backfill. He's on it.
Both. The septic tank wasn't deep before the backfill but it is now.
Line going to tank...
20201208 (4).JPG Septic Line _5.JPG

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Gizmo,
Call your congressman he's pretty good at giving money away or Aunt Nancy. Sorry I just wrecked my breakfast hope I didn't wreak yours.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #688 ·
Gizmo,
Call your congressman he's pretty good at giving money away or Aunt Nancy. Sorry I just wrecked my breakfast hope I didn't wreak yours.
I like it. 🤣

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #691 ·
What are the benefits and shortfalls of cement vs poly septic tanks?
Poly tanks sometimes are pushed out of the ground in cold weather, especially if the sides are curved.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,872 Posts
I have to say; with that mud my Kubota 500 ATV would sit right where it got stuck..
Lets see, this is off topic but like was said before about something else "Inquiring mines would like to know". Since we have a Cadillac, a Lincoln and some Pinto's, what do we call yours? A Shetland? Since it likes the mud, maybe a boar or sow? 😃

·
Premium Member
5,506 Posts
Nope, it's a Zastava Koral or Yugo as we know them!
It goes great on flat or somewhat hilly solid terrane but that's about it! A Kubota Yugo mini hatchback!! :(

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #695 ·
Lets see, this is off topic but like was said before about something else "Inquiring mines would like to know". Since we have a Cadillac, a Lincoln and some Pinto's, what do we call yours? A Shetland? Since it likes the mud, maybe a boar or sow?
The good news is I have enough mud built up on the brake and gas pedals I can reach them much easier. 🤣
20210314 (2).JPG

·
Premium Member
5,506 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,872 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,506 Posts
So...a ZK/ZY hatchback???
Ya, we'll go with the ZK Hatchback,, sounds a lot more tougher :ROFLMAO:!

I see the vice grip doesn't belong on your daughter's chair. She must take after Mel. 😁
Funny how we remember all those pics and things Levi! The burned/melted drill/battery he found stuck in his mower that he lost, the take your fingers off pencil sharpener, the hot tub, the vice grips handle on the chair you mentioned, the gimble ratchet, two hippie kids sitting on the back of his Jesus loves you bumper sticker car, and on and on... (y) All good chronicled stuff in the life of Gizz and Babycakes. :)

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #700 ·
Funny how we remember all those pics and things Levi! The burned/melted drill/battery he found stuck in his mower that he lost, the take your fingers off pencil sharpener, the hot tub, the vice grips handle on the chair you mentioned, the gimble ratchet, two hippie kids sitting on the back of his Jesus loves you bumper sticker car, and on and on... (y) All good chronicled stuff in the life of Gizz and Babycakes. :)
Damn, even I forgot most of them. :ROFLMAO:

681 - 700 of 784 Posts