Green Tractor Talk banner

701 - 720 of 784 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,506 Posts
I don't forget much! (except for lyrics when playing out) which is sometimes not a great thing.... but like Nipsy Russel, I can make them up on the fly! and no one knows the difference... ;)

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #702 ·
I find putting things right on the mud limits sinking, but doesn’t keep your feet clean. I was thinking like this.
How's this...
20210315.JPG

·
Premium Member
17,013 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I bet Big D told him to use them. Keith probably can't wait tills it dries up and land scape it. It's not mine and is driving me crazy. Won't be a mud free home till the grass seed comes up. This time of year I would have to play ball in the drive way so my lab wouldn't get all mud.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #705 ·
Yep , now you need to find a place where you can begin with NO MUD...
There ain't one :ROFLMAO:

It's not mine and is driving me crazy.
Boots on, boots off shoes on, shoes off boots on. Repeat a bazillion times.

We got Internet hooked up from the pole to the house, it was 15° outside. We had a 2" under ground conduit all ready in place.
I'm glad I left the cable from the road to our pole 25 - 30 years ago.
20210315 (3).JPG

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,872 Posts
The day is coming when you have all things done and can relax. Then something new comes up and off you go again. Being a home owner won't ever let you stop. But, life is fun...well mostly.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #707 ·
Day 7, Stump removal...
You know what's better than a guy and a tractor?
Me and a tractor popc1.gif 🤣 ...
Every other tine removed from the rake...
20210406 (2).JPG

All tines in the rake...
20210406 (3).JPG

·
Premium Member
17,013 Posts
Looking better 👍👍

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Gizmo, great job with the rake. How long does it take Mel to remove and install every other tine on the rake?

42 F and overcast this morning. Installed the Piranha tooth bar yesterday and gave it a quick try out. Looks like it will work fine for removing some brush from undergrowth around three sides of the property. It certainly is well built and easy to install. I have seen step drills for years, but never used one. I guess I thought that they were just another 10 in 1 tool. My opinion has changed. BXpanded included one with the bar at no charge at my request on the order. They work great! It must be true we are never to old to learn. Also fixed a leak on one of the loader hydraulic lines. One male fitting was a bit loose. Also took some time to spiff up the interior of the Explorer and the Silverado. The truck was so dirty inside I was concerned that I might have a public health inspection. Maybe I can keep it more respectable now that I am not running around on construction sites and quarries.
//////////
Good morning, everyone.

·
Old Pa-pa
12,847 Posts
You know what's better than a guy and a tractor?
Me and a tractor popc1.gif 🤣 ...
(y)(y)(y)
Not looking like a quagmire anymore, Derek won't be able to find a mud puddle to
play in anymore. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,896 Posts

·
Registered
13,189 Posts
good day folks---ahh bad day here --the ole caddy done broke down on me. somehow a stone got in the brake pad --boy talk about some howling at the moon-jeepers. so i have the tire off of it out in the garage---looking for my old brake pads from last yr when i had it up to where pjr832 deals at. had a bad wheel hole(somehow the threads got stripped out-so they just replaced the hub and pads for me--so now gonna run them old pads and will order some new ones then.

did get the x475 out and mowed the high grass in a few areas-ahh the smell of fresh new grass-ha!

prayers for rogerO's bil and also to greenspot110;s wife--

later

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #715 ·
good day folks---ahh bad day here --the ole caddy done broke down on me. somehow a stone got in the brake pad --boy talk about some howling at the moon-jeepers. so i have the tire off of it out in the garage---looking for my old brake pads from last yr when i had it up to where pjr832 deals at. had a bad wheel hole(somehow the threads got stripped out-so they just replaced the hub and pads for me--so now gonna run them old pads and will order some new ones then.

did get the x475 out and mowed the high grass in a few areas-ahh the smell of fresh new grass-ha!

prayers for rogerO's bil and also to greenspot110;s wife--

later
That's all very interesting but what the hell does it have to do with our new house build?

You been hanging around DRobinson?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Enjoyed following this build. All that mud reminds me of what we are in store for once grading gets done on a property we own and all the top soil gets stripped away. Not looking forward to it.

Seeing as how I’m a paid professional in the HVAC biz...I always recommend using the money set aside for “high “efficiency equipment...be used instead for insulation upgrade. Much better return on your money over the long hall. Heck...some high efficiency alternatives won’t ever pay for itself before going caput . Wish I was there to watch it go together
I have learned that lesson the hard way. Our house was equipped with a 'high' efficiency water heater. When it died 6 years later (right on queue for the 6 yr warranty to be over) the replacement for this chimney-less type was over $1k, yet I walk by all sorts of non H.E. units at Lowes/HD for $400 to $600 and warranties out to 12 years. So, twice the money, lasts half as long - the only thing 'high' efficiency about them is how efficiently they drain your wallet!

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
The house is done and we're moving the GM thread here?

·
Premium Member
5,506 Posts

·
Old Pa-pa
12,847 Posts
good day folks---ahh bad day here --the ole caddy done broke down on me. somehow a stone got in the brake pad --boy talk about some howling at the moon-jeepers....................................................
That's all very interesting but what the hell does it have to do with our new house build?

You been hanging around DRobinson?
Come on BigJim, don't make it that easy for the Jungle Cat to tag ya, plus
he did a combo shot and nailed DRobinson again to boot! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

701 - 720 of 784 Posts