Green Tractor Talk banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I'm curious as to why you went with a roll-up door over a sectional. I've thought of doing that on occasion.
I like the fact that it stays away and keeps the ceiling of the shop uncluttered. I can have the door up but still have the lights and fans on and not being blocked by a sectional.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Very very nice :bigthumb:

90% of the houses I work on now is all paint. Nothing wood anymore. Such a change in scenery seeing your house.
Obviously we think it’s a crime to paint the wood and mask all of that natural beauty. We are sort of outdoors even when we’re indoors :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Very nice! I like the style.

That garage is too nice to get dirty. :laugh:
No kidding. If you look closely in the second to the last picture on the right hand side, you can see where they took the leftover tongue and groove and capped the shelving with it. It’s a very nice touch.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
I like the fact that it stays away and keeps the ceiling of the shop uncluttered. I can have the door up but still have the lights and fans on and not being blocked by a sectional.
Not blocking lights and fans would be my primary reason for having a roll-up over a sectional.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
its looking really good, I like it a lot. It looks like your horse likes it to, or is that a dog:laugh:
LOL, yes that’s one of our dogs. Scary part is, she’s not even close to being the biggest one :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Not blocking lights and fans would be my primary reason for having a roll-up over a sectional.
The ceiling fans will obviously not put out the airflow that one those large barrel fans does, but a clean work area was the primary focus of the design. We did a separate wall pack air-conditioning in the shop since most of the time the doors going to the house will be closed. This way we have the best of all worlds and we can adjust to what we need based on climate conditions of the time.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
The ceiling fans will obviously not put out the airflow that one those large barrel fans does, but a clean work area was the primary focus of the design. We did a separate wall pack air-conditioning in the shop since most of the time the doors going to the house will be closed. This way we have the best of all worlds and we can adjust to what we need based on climate conditions of the time.
I put a rollup in my shop for the same reasons. It doesn't seal very well, especially the top when the door is closed. That's a big gap that I've tried a few different ways to fix, but ultimately have left it open.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I put a rollup in my shop for the same reasons. It doesn't seal very well, especially the top when the door is closed. That's a big gap that I've tried a few different ways to fix, but ultimately have left it open.
I have the same problem, but my GC says there’s an installation company in town that can put a flexible rubber seal in that gap that will improve things. Once we get it done I’ll take some pictures and maybe you can do the same.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts