Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new hydraulic top link from Fit Rite Hydraulics arrived late last week and I installed it over the weekend. Fit and Finish are top notch. Note how well it is packed. It really helps when using the iMatch to hook up an implement as sometimes the implement needs a little top link adjustment to make the hook up.

Dave

hyd top link1.jpg hyd top link2.jpg hyd top link3.jpg

hyd top link9.jpg hyd top link10.jpg hyd top link11.jpg

hyd top link12.jpg

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
My new hydraulic top link from Fit Rite Hydraulics arrived late last week and I installed it over the weekend. Fit and Finish are top notch. Note how well it is packed. It really helps when using the iMatch to hook up an implement as sometimes the implement needs a little top link adjustment to make the hook up.

Dave

View attachment 42591 View attachment 42592 View attachment 42593

View attachment 42594 View attachment 42595 View attachment 42596

View attachment 42597
Nice, I have this on my list of items to get.

Reactions: Bubber and Levi

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
That is so cool. Some day. Waiting for the :gizmo: ship to come in at the same time that I'm at the docks. :bigthumb:

Reactions: Marlin

·
Registered
287 Posts
Nice! I put one on my 4720 last fall. It is a quality product and the customer service is great!

Reactions: MtnViewRanch

·
Registered
25 Posts
2nd That!

Liking the snazzy green paint! I too add one last year and was very impressed with the whole buying experience - perfect size & perfect fit. :bigthumb:

Although I didn't really "need" it it makes manipulating the rotary cutter and winch a lot easier with the quick hitch. Should also prove handy when I make up a 3 pt utility box for moving wood and stones.

On second thought I think I do "need" it!:good2:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
What size top link did you get?

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
5,091 Posts
Wondering . . . .

I have a 1026R without the additional set of hydraulic connections at the rear of the tractor. I'm wondering if this something a novice could do and how would I go about it? :unknown: Parts and instructions? :unknown:

Reactions: Levi

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
662 Posts
I have a 1026R without the additional set of hydraulic connections at the rear of the tractor. I'm wondering if this something a novice could do and how would I go about it? :unknown: Parts and instructions? :unknown:
Typically it is easiest to get the JD power beyond kit for the 1000 series and then plumb the rear remote valves in from there.

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,091 Posts
Typically it is easiest to get the JD power beyond kit for the 1000 series and then plumb the rear remote valves in from there.
I don't have a backhoe and with limited use I don't see the addition in my future. The 'Power Beyond' may be my answer. I searched and found my 'literature and propaganda' file. It looks like two additional functions can be added. Is it a DIY or must I have my dealer make the addition? :unknown:

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
662 Posts
I don't have a backhoe and with limited use I don't see the addition in my future. The 'Power Beyond' may be my answer. I searched and found my 'literature and propaganda' file. It looks like two additional functions can be added. Is it a DIY or must I have my dealer make the addition? :unknown:
You have lost me.:think: There is no controlling the power beyond. The Power Beyond source is a way to provide a constant hydraulic flow to an aux unit of some type. The aux unit is what does the controlling, be it a back hoe, log splitter, aux valves.

Are you saying that there is a 2 rear remote system available for the 1000 series now? I think what the brochure shows is a rerouted mid SCV to the rear. To the best of my knowledge, there is only one OEM rear remote available, which is all you need to control a hydraulic top link.

As far as DIY, all depends on what your abilities are. Something that you need to be honest with yourself about. :unknown:

Good luck with your research and decisions that have to be made. :bye:

·
Premium Member
5,091 Posts
Well obviously I don't know what I'm talking about. :unknown:

In the JD lit. I found a Rear Hydraulic Kit which states "Expand the functionality of your tractor and bring more versatility to your operation with a rear hydraulic kit. The rear hydraulic outlet kit routes hydraulic power from dual mid Selector Control Valves (SVC) to two sets of couplers at rear of tractor." LVB25837 for 1023E and 1026R

Lots to learn for a newbie . . . . :laugh:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
The rear hydraulic kit you found is the hose set that Brian mentioned, it routes two ports from your loader lines to the rear. That does not involve the power beyond kit at all.

To do a rear SCV install with the power beyond, you would install the power beyond kit. Instead of the fluid continuously flowing through the backhoe vale assembly, it would flow through another valve assembly of your choosing. That valve assembly could have as many spools or outlets as you wanted, limited only by cost and the tractor's hydraulic flow rate. You could run a two or three spool valve to feed a hydraulic top link, and dual side tilt links if you really wanted to get fancy.

·
Premium Member
5,091 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
A good working length for your 3000 series is 19 1/2"- 27 1/2". 2" or 2 1/2"dia works. More than half of my customers go with the 2 1/2" unit.:thumbup1gif:
I have a 4044R with a cab. From what I read a 2-1/2" diameter is recommended. What length should I order? My tractor was not listed on your website. Thank You in advance and I will be ordering a cylinder soon.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
662 Posts
I have a 4044R with a cab. From what I read a 2-1/2" diameter is recommended. What length should I order? My tractor was not listed on your website. Thank You in advance and I will be ordering a cylinder soon.
Bob, 2 1/2" dia cylinder , 1 1/2" dia rod with a working length of 19 1/4"- 27 1/4" is what I would typically recommend. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts