Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Dewalt 1/2 inch cordless impact gun. Looking forward to using it. I have never owned one. Did fool with it a little. This will come in handy for other things besides tires.

·
Administrator
17,087 Posts
I just used mine the other day to mount the HD cutting edge, they are fantastic!

BB7279CD-9539-4880-8F53-7FB14BDC2467.jpg

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I really like air tools, but since Milwaukee introduced their FUEL 1/2" impact, Ive been really thinking of just buying that instead of a new air powered one.
I already have a few Milwaukee 18V tools, so already have the batteries.

Battery powered tools have come a LONG way in the last few years.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I just bought a Milwaukee 1/2" impact wrench. What a great gun.

Used it to take off my mower deck blades, wow. Never messing around again. I've yet to need the high torque setting.

I just ordered a 1/4 hex impact driver for those corroded screws. Great technology with these new batteries. Wish I had started out with my yard equipment with the batteries.

Meanwhile is a 30' Grady White.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,333 Posts
Haven't used any of my air impacts or air ratchet since I went cordless (Mil. E brand).

Have the M18 1/2" and 3/8" Fuel impacts and even bought a M12 ratchet.

No running hoses, hooking up a dryer and messing with pneumatic oil anymore. :yahoo:

·
Registered
583 Posts
I've got a few M18 tools. Sawzall, Drill, impact/hammer drill. I'm going to get the grinder and am looking at the high torque 2763 1/2" impact. I've got an Ingersoll Rand air impact, but it has no balls. This Milwaukee seems to be a beast. And it's pretty convenient. I have a couple of chargers and 4-5 batteries, so I think I'll get the bare tool.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
I still use my air one but mostly for loosening. I have a cordless craftsman that is supposedly 300 foot pounds and maybe it is if you let it hammer it long enough but anything over 110 foot pounds it struggles. I have one away from using the torque sticks to tighten usually I just use my cordless one because it puts him to about 90 foot pounds pretty consistently so I can just follow up easily with the torque wrench.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have a plethora of impacts:

My main nut-buster:

8241374.jpg

My compact nut-squeaker:

8630972.jpg

My too-lazy-to-fire-up-the-60-gallon-air-compressor:

41O9xKwG1BL._SY355_.jpg

Also good for installing lug nuts, because although it claims 120ft/lbs, I can break them loose @ 85ft/lbs.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I have the 20v Dewalt 1/4" drive 3spd, 3/8" drive as well as the 1/2" impacts. Mine are the compact variants rather than the behemoth that 1023Easy has.:laugh:

Each size has it's own place in the lineup. The 1/4" drive 3spd is truly my favorite.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I have an Ingersoll Rand Cordless 1/2 inch impact wrench, 20 Volt. It's the bomb. I find my self using that more and more compared to my air power Ingersoll Rand. It came in super handy when I was installing the framing of my metal shop. It is heavy and not cheap though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts