Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the 2155 home the instrument cluster was completely fogged over and we could not tell how many hours were on it I pulled the instrument cluster out and took it apart the meter showed 223 hours on it cleaned resealed and re installed the meter is working perfectly I put 5 hours on it yesterday the 4x4 Switch was missing from the dash I did some poking around and found a bunch of wires stuffed in in front of the battery pulled them out and there was the switch so I re installed switch and Suilonids into the dash now it's not stuck in 4 x 4 anymore
I got the original purchase contract and all the Maintenance records for the 2155 / loader and all of the attachments
This tractor just sat on this guy's farm for almost 30 years and hardly used at all
He paid 28K for the tractor and loader in 1990 here locally in Colorado
I think I got a smoking deal.
I'm always heard of the lucky guys finding barn finds and I finally found one..
223 H R S..
There's a big fat red wire that's been cut I cannot figure out where goes

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,935 Posts
Have you traced the red wires to see where they go? I am thinking maybe power outlet :dunno:

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a black cut wire coming off the Ignition switch and then another black wire with a quick connect on it the red one with a quick connect going to the engine compartment and then the other red 1 that's been cut that goes in by the battery somewhere
Oh yeah I talked to the owner and the tires are original 1 front 1 has a deep cut to the cords in between the tread

·
Premium Member
7,935 Posts
Did you ask the former owner about the cut wires? Why the 4wd switch was removed?

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
591 Posts
Nice find. What does that plug on the red wire go to that's right in front of it? Are you sure he didn't just cut off the male end?

·
Premium Member
7,935 Posts
O yah sorry
Is that a good price

Worth that WITHOUT the loader :thumbup1gif: Want to sell it? You can keep the loader

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Very nice machine! I've liked those 2155's since I was a kid looking at them in JD adds in the Progressive Farmer. :greentractorride:

It seems like a pretty nice deal especially if you got a nice JD bush hog with it? Still crazy to think he payed $28K for a 55 HP tractor back in 1990. It seems tractor prices haven't gone up as much as say truck or house prices have in the last nearly 30 years. Lol :bigthumb: :dunno:

·
Registered
23 Posts
O yah sorry
Is that a good price

rugburnt1, that's a great deal! I spent a long time looking for a good 2155 and never found one, much more a 4x4 w/ loader at a great price!

I ended up with a 2150 and probably paid too much, haha.

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
15,071 Posts
Sounds like a great price. and a good looking tractor .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts