Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up today and installed. Also ordered the De-thatcher Kit and Hood Deflector.

From the picture, does anyone know what that 5-star medal wheel does? There is nothing in the operations manual regarding it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
OMM175491

Brush Contact Adjustment Assembly
Section 25 of the manual(product identification)
Also section 7 (Operating instructions)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Welcome to GTT bsprtsgrp.
What are your plans for the broom?
Dethatch lawn prior to Trac-Vac for leaves, snow removal from 320ft driveway (up to 4/5 inches otherwise the 2-stage snow-thrower is swapped on). In the spring to clean the 475' of road frontage from the beach the town lays down treating the roadway during the winter

Reactions: Levi and Gizmo2

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1025R was new being of September. Being delivered...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Nice looking tractor and welcome to Gtt from Illinois. Look forward to your input.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OMM175491

Brush Contact Adjustment Assembly
Section 25 of the manual(product identification)
Also section 7 (Operating instructions)
Thanks, the ops manual that came with the broom made no notation regarding that knob's purpose.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just used that adjustment knob as per the manual. The broom is level however I am not getting any cleaning on a hard surface without nose diving the quick-hitch. And when I do that the front wheels come off the ground. On grass it sweeps without doing that.

Question: Do the Dethatcher caster wheels up front need to come off when you want to clean a hard surface? Seems the broom angle with them on is effected.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Question: Do the Dethatcher caster wheels up front need to come off when you want to clean a hard surface? Seems the broom angle with them on is effected.
Adjust the height of the caster wheels. Flip the pin on top off, then take one of the spacers off the bottom and put them on the top and reinstall the pin.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Looks like I need to move one or two of the spaces from the bottom to the top of the caster bracket leg...that will adjust the "float"

Attachments

Reactions: Levi and Gizmo2

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You dont want to be buying too many of those brush sets...:gizmo:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,866 Posts
Dethatch lawn prior to Trac-Vac for leaves, snow removal from 320ft driveway (up to 4/5 inches otherwise the 2-stage snow-thrower is swapped on). In the spring to clean the 475' of road frontage from the beach the town lays down treating the roadway during the winter
NICE! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would I move the spacers up on just the front dethatcher casters or do I move the spacers on all four (4) of the casters?

I would think all four to keep the broom "float" even.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Would I move the spacers up on just the front dethatcher casters or do I move the spacers on all four (4) of the casters?

I would think all four to keep the broom "float" even.
I dont have the fronts ones on mine, just the rears. I would think all four but not saying all four the same. Might need one less on front vs back or vice versa. Also, I dont think using all four in certain situations will work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts