Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have finally bought one of these https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/document/english/pmac/5998_fb_Hitches_Quick.htm I got the PMQH100 which is black. I was a bit surprised to see how much paint was scraped off, it was shipped without any wrapping or cardboard. It took me a few hours to set up my 3 implements, Frontier box blade and york rake, Land Pride broadcast spreader. I had to do a little modifying but it seems to work well. I am surprised the 1" pins dont fit tight in the Quick Hitch, there is some slop in there. My understanding is that I dont need bushings if I am using 1" Cat 1 implements with the Cat 1 Quick Hitch. Anyone have experience with this hitch? It is now time to touch it up with the free can of paint my dealer gave me.

VP

·
Premium Member
13,005 Posts
Oh man, as if things weren't confusing enough with the various iMatch revisions out there now we have the JD Economy Quick Hitch which is not to be confused with the iMatch. It seems to be designed such that bushings aren't required. Like you said though, this new hitch is designed for 1-inch pins top and bottom whereas your 3PH uses 7/8" pins on the lift arms and a 3/4" pin on the top link.

Doesn't Speeco also make an economy Quick Hitch that is designed to be used without bushings?

Now perhaps what we really need to do is get the top hook from this new hitch and put it on the existing quick hitches out there and then we wouldn't need to mess with top-link bushings - we could use the standard pin.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man, as if things weren't confusing enough with the various iMatch revisions out there now we have the JD Economy Quick Hitch which is not to be confused with the iMatch. It seems to be designed such that bushings aren't required. Like you said though, this new hitch is designed for 1-inch pins top and bottom whereas your 3PH uses 7/8" pins on the lift arms and a 3/4" pin on the top link.

Doesn't Speeco also make an economy Quick Hitch that is designed to be used without bushings?

Now perhaps what we really need to do is get the top hook from this new hitch and put it on the existing quick hitches out there and then we wouldn't need to mess with top-link bushings - we could use the standard pin.
So do they make 1" adapter bushings for 7/8" pins? This just seems business as usual for good ole JD, more confusion.

VP

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that I am trying to do paint touchups I notice how terrible this was painted, it is full of runs, drips and sags. This may take a while.
The large drips are still soft and easy to peel off. I am afraid John Deere like most of this country is going down the tubes.
VP

PS: I have noticed that John Deere doesnt seem to use any primer on the bare metal.:thumbsdown:

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
I have never seen this Econo model for JD. I heard about it years ago but I did not think it was available.

All I can say is the quality of the iMatch is superb...

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think it was a mistake to come out with another hitch with different pin requirements imo. Most people were confused enough already and implements set up for the existing IMatch won't fit this new hitch with smaller jaws.:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just talked to my dealer and there are 7/8" to 1" bushings for this hitch. He wasnt aware they were needed. You think John Deere would mention that you need these bushings.

VP

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Can someone square me away on exactly why one of these "quickie match" hitches is so much better than the 3pt. bottom link add-on latches you see for sale? Is a 3 point that hard to align changing/dropping implements? I realize you have to get off the tractor anyway for the drive shaft... I think?

(25xx or 1026r depending on pending land deal):laugh:

·
Administrator
20,969 Posts
Can someone square me away on exactly why one of these "quickie match" hitches is so much better than the 3pt. bottom link add-on latches you see for sale? Is a 3 point that hard to align changing/dropping implements? Yes when compared to a QH. I realize you have to get off the tractor anyway for the drive shaft... I think?

You could get JD's iMatch Auto-Hitch which has a an auto-connecting driveshaft too. No need to get out of the seat at all to hook up certain implements like a JD tiller or a JD RC. With a regular QH, I don't need to get off the seat unless I need to make a top or tilt adjustment. It's way fast too. I move my implements around in seconds - literally.

I believe the add on quick latches were around before the QHs were and are still a viable option for any implement not compatible with a QH. Hands down, the QH is the much better option IMHO. :hi:

·
Premium Member
13,005 Posts
You could get JD's iMatch Auto-Hitch which has a an auto-connecting driveshaft too. No need to get out of the seat at all to hook up certain implements like a JD tiller or a JD RC. With a regular QH, I don't need to get off the seat unless I need to make a top or tilt adjustment. It's way fast too. I move my implements around in seconds - literally.
Do your implements have a parking foot? If so, how do you handle it without getting off the tractor? I find with the implement sitting on the ground and propped up by the parking foot I need to back-in, grab the implement and pick it up, and then get off the tractor and retract the parking foot. Just the reverse when detaching... get off the tractor and deploy the foot, then lower and release the implement and drive away.

·
Administrator
20,969 Posts
Do your implements have a parking foot? If so, how do you handle it without getting off the tractor? I find with the implement sitting on the ground and propped up by the parking foot I need to back-in, grab the implement and pick it up, and then get off the tractor and retract the parking foot. Just the reverse when detaching... get off the tractor and deploy the foot, then lower and release the implement and drive away.
I don't have any implements that have or need a parking foot. You are correct if you have items like a landscape rake or rear blade. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
Can someone square me away on exactly why one of these "quickie match" hitches is so much better than the 3pt. bottom link add-on latches you see for sale? Is a 3 point that hard to align changing/dropping implements? I realize you have to get off the tractor anyway for the drive shaft... I think?

You are referring to the PEC-Pat's Easy Change and copies thereof.

The PEC is great IF you have a bunch of older implements that you can't or are not easily convertible to the ASAE standard. With it you still need to get off and manually attach the toplink-and in some case get a new toplink thats longer since the PEC moves the lower attaching point out 3-4". You still would need to set the width of the lower arms to match the implement and also adjust the anti-sway chains each time-that can be a PITA. The PEC is also cheaper that the iMatch.

The iMatch style conforms to the ASAE Standard S278.6 and will accept any implement that meets the standard, it is also not hard to modify implements if you have fabrication abilities. The iMatch also connects the toplink, and the lower arm spacing is fixed so you only need to adjust the sway chains once. It is also very easy to make things like trailer mover's or carry-all's to hang on them.

·
Premium Member
13,005 Posts
I don't have any implements that have or need a parking foot. You are correct if you have items like a landscape rake or rear blade. :thumbup1gif:
Ahh... ok. Just checking. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
13,005 Posts
The iMatch also connects the toplink, and the lower arm spacing is fixed so you only need to adjust the sway chains once.
Yep... for me it was worth it just to avoid having to always readjust the sway chains. Not that I don't like crawling around on my hands and knees and playing with those silly turnbuckles that JD saw fit to use on the 2x20 tractors. :unknown:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep... for me it was worth it just to avoid having to always readjust the sway chains. Not that I don't like crawling around on my hands and knees and playing with those silly turnbuckles that JD saw fit to use on the 2x20 tractors. :unknown:
Do only the 20 series have the turnbuckles?

VP

·
Registered
11 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts