Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok finally made a decision and bought a D140 Friday,will be delivered monday.
Bought from a dealer Donald Farm and Lawn, Rolla,mo.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Congratulations. Buying from dealer is a wise choice, in my opinion. It's the same price as you would find at Lowes or HD, and that dealer will service it anyway wherever you bought it, so why not establish a relationship with them at purchase.

I've seen Donald's on Machinefinder - they seem to have a lot of used lawn and garden tractors.

Again, congratulations on your decision and purchase. Can't wait for the pictures.

·
Administrator
20,466 Posts
Congrats!

New tractor!

I'm with T-Mo. Buying from a dealer is a wise choice. Establishing a good relationship with your dealer is always key for maximum owner happiness.:good2: We need some pics!

·
Registered
109 Posts
will be posting some,,some time monday when it gets here and they go through everything with me about the mower.
See, you're already getting the John Deere customer treatment from your dealer. You wouldn't get that from the home center!

Congrats on the new purchase!

:good2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New D140

Had it delivered Monday Morning,,it was getting ready to pour rain,so i put it in the shed,today is thursday took it out cut about a quarter of an acre parked it,went back out an hour later and now it wont start,cranks but that is it.

·
Administrator
20,466 Posts
Did you try choking it? These newer small engines run very lean. You might have to choke it when on an older model it wouldn't be necessary.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Depending on how the safety switches operate, check to see if your pto switch is off, brake is on and you're on the seat. Check the gas level and be sure you choke it to start it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Starting

Yes to all,,tank is still full,have sat on the seat brake engaged throttle all the way up,engine just turns.
Called the dealer last night,said they would call me this morning.
Glad i have a 30 day return no questions asked.
Hate to return it but cant have this happening again and have to push 500 lbs back to the shed.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
It's a wise choice to let the dealer know and let him fix it. They need to make it right.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Yes to all,,tank is still full,have sat on the seat brake engaged throttle all the way up,engine just turns.
Called the dealer last night,said they would call me this morning.
Glad i have a 30 day return no questions asked.
Hate to return it but cant have this happening again and have to push 500 lbs back to the shed.

If the throttle is all the way up is it possible it's flooded?

·
Administrator
20,466 Posts
Have you talked to your dealer?

·
Administrator
20,466 Posts
Glad to hear it was something simple.:good2: Having a good dealer is worth giving him your business isn't it? :hi:

I wouldn't have thought it would've been the seat switch. Most of the time the engine won't crank unless it's closed. :unknown:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts