Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just kidding, JD could never offer something so awesome.lol

Had a buddy helping with some firewood, a chunk rolled over top edge of bucket and right into one of my headlight lens. Priced a new light from dealer at $80....so i bought these lights on ebay for half that price, made a braket up and viola.

i think they turned out great, you?

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Very sharp.....and (brilliant idea):laugh:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where's the make everyone jealous night test pictures?:lol:
I haven't even tested them at night yet

Hopefully tonight I will give em a test run

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
just kidding, JD could never offer something so awesome.lol

Had a buddy helping with some firewood, a chunk rolled over top edge of bucket and right into one of my headlight lens. Priced a new light from dealer at $80....so i bought these lights on ebay for half that price, made a braket up and viola.

i think they turned out great, you?
Funny you should say that.....JD does offer an "all LED" option on the new 5R. It costs roughly 1.3 million dollars......

-J.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Great job :bigbeer: . As others have said , let's see how they look at night . You may have opened a can of worms as many members have asked about led lighting !!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I bet those suckers are really bright, I've witnessed firsthand the brightness of LED light bars half the size of those and they are super bright. I wonder if they could be modded to sit behind the lens for those of us with both lenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I bet those suckers are really bright, I've witnessed firsthand the brightness of LED light bars half the size of those and they are super bright. I wonder if they could be modded to sit behind the lens for those of us with both lenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are. The 54" on my gator is like sunlight.....

They do pull a lot of amperage (well, it's all relative) so you do have to consider wire sizing and relays.....

-J.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally had the tractor out at night and took some pictures
No lights
Just headlights
Headlights fenders and rops.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I thought LEDs pulled less amperage? Guess it depends on how many????

·
Registered
137 Posts
are the new lights the 2" x 9" on eBay ????

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Premium Member
12,656 Posts
When compared lumens to lumens a LED will typically draw significantly less power than a filament style lamp. But in cases where folks are replacing a pair of work lights with a huge 53" LED light bar, chances are the LED light bar is drawing more current - but providing 5X the light.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are 2x7

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
They sure do, but these light bars are insanely bright. My 54" bar pulls 25A (300W)......

Reactions: fdmars
1 - 17 of 17 Posts